.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Old October 4th, 2002, 06:39 AM

Corporal

DarkStar is on a distinguished road
Default Help! Am I Screwed?

Help! I might have sold the Fire Key. I cleared out the desert town and don't remember picking the Fire Key up. Later in town I saw that I could sell the Ice Key. I saved my game a tried, it let me and when I entered town again the key was gone. Now I'm thinking I did that to the Fire Key by mistake.

Am I screwed? Can someone tell me where the Fire Key is supposed to be? Maybe I didn't find it yet. I don't want to restart my game. This is a VERY bad bug, if the game deletes quest items. The shops shouldn't buy them.

I also saw that one of the shop keepers only has 1 HP, because when I try to talk to her she moves and I bLast her with magic. Can you kill them? Will the game be screwed up if you do so?
Old October 4th, 2002, 12:50 PM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help! Am I Screwed?

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkStar:
Help! I might have sold the Fire Key.

Am I screwed? Can someone tell me where the Fire Key is supposed to be?

Can you kill shopkeepers? Will the game be screwed up if you do so?
1) You hit on a genuine bug. (the ability to sell quest items) And this bug should be (and probably is) at the top of the list of things to fix.

2) The fire key is found in the desert map. I once thought I killed all the monsters in the desert and that the game failed to generate the fire key, but I returned and did a thorough sweep of the map and found a lone imp and when I killed him (it?) he dropped the fire key!

3) The latest beta patch has fixed this. You can no longer kill shopkeepers and they no longer leave their shops if you leave the door open by mistake. (once, a shopkeeper wandered out of his shop and ended up in the horse corral to which I left the door open after killing all the horses [they sometimes drop potions and money!] Once I found him, I made sure to close the corall door and this was in effect his new shop! lol) Hmmm nomadic shopkeepers, there's a thought!