.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old February 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM

First Lieutenant

Oversway is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arco Abysia Alliance (AAA)

Is the server down? If so, can we reset the time when it comes back up?
Old February 9th, 2006, 09:34 PM

Private

Nah27 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Server Down

Server doesn't seem to be down, from what I can tell, But half the time it makes my dominions hang up, I've still been able to connect by restarting dominions and retrying.
Old February 9th, 2006, 09:56 PM

First Lieutenant

ok, I'll keep trying, thanks.

edit: it worked! thanks again
Old February 9th, 2006, 11:10 PM

Corporal

castigated is on a distinguished road

i often hang while trying to connect. i just know that if it takes more than 5 seconds to connect, i have to close dominions, and try again.

funny that this doesn't happen on the other game IH is hosting, though....

<font color="orange">???</font> - God of <font color="orange">???</font> in RAND2
<font color="purple">Helios</font> - God of <font color="red">Marignon</font> in The Animal Kingdom
<font color="white">Senator Jargramar</font> - God of <font color="blue">R'lyeh</font> in The Senate of Dragons
Old February 9th, 2006, 11:11 PM

Private

TheWatcher is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I had the same problem as Nah, as well as the same solution.

The war versus Mictlan!

Their barbarism is matched only by their craveness! I level charges of GENOCIDE against them! After taking the eastern forests of Avalon, they swiftly set to raping and pillaging. Unknown numbers of people have been slaughtered or "collected" by the inhuman beasts, resulting in an unrest of 335!

The people shall soon see how hollow your false God is!
Old February 10th, 2006, 12:45 AM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
castigated said:
i often hang while trying to connect. i just know that if it takes more than 5 seconds to connect, i have to close dominions, and try again.

funny that this doesn't happen on the other game IH is hosting, though....
The connection thing can sometimes be caused by zombie dom2 processes running on your machine.

As for the server being up/down - its almost always up. But sometimes the connection is a little flaky. Best advice is to just log in and grab your turn and exit. Then play offline and just connect back to the server to upload your finished turn. That way you reduce your exposure to the flakiness.
Old February 10th, 2006, 05:47 AM

Corporal

Tom_Scudder is on a distinguished road
Default Gah!

On second thoughts, little vampire queen, why don't you NOT stand still where I can hit you. I now understand a little bit about supercombatants. (Good thing I have my skelly-spammers to run out the clock with).
Old February 10th, 2006, 06:10 AM

Major

Folket is on a distinguished road
Default Crusade against C\'tis

When I personaly was marching peacefully with my army past C'tis territory towards a neutral province I was attacked by a paramilitary force. Of course we did not want to blame a scapegoat so we investigated the insident, of course this forced us to take complete control of the province. The C'tis rejected our rightful claim saying something about that I should not be sneaking in thier province. They claimed it was thier province after all. We had nothing against the C'tis and was willing to give the province back after the investigation, but they continued to object. Apperantly they had something to hide.

I know many people will be shocked to hear this but the assassination attempt was funded by the C'tis. Those corrupted coldblooded necrophilics. It was also shown that C'tis was behind turning over many cows the last nights. Thier evil deeds cannot be matched.

When the Pangaean people heard about the actrocities commited by these foul beeings the cry for revenge could not wait. Our great master Folket, the one eyed one leged dragon proclaim that everyone would have to work 20 hours a day to fund the wareffort. Some labour unions and human rights activists have demanded 24 hour working day but our kind leader rejected the proposal saying that would be unfair if the peasants were working more then four times as much then him. Never the less our people rejoiced at the higher taxes and more whips at the slave camps that would make them able to contribute more to our great empire.

Let it be known that the Pangaean Empire has taken on itself the burden to vaporize the C'tis robber barons from the map. We will spill no effort until the task at hand is completed. I suggest that all of us join in this crusade against those that defile our beautiful nature.

Ram Head, Head of Propaganda, Pangaean Empire
Old February 10th, 2006, 01:00 PM

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Man vs Mictlan

The cowardance of Man has betrayed itself yet again when he set his archers on fire and flee when attacking a starving, diseased, and leaderless force. I still hold the land, despite all of Mans boasts about the power of his vampire queen. The other nations are even now applauding the troops of Mictlan for their bravery and perserverance.
Old February 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Man vs Mictlan

what other nations would those be? hoburg indies?