.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 29th, 2003, 02:51 AM

Corporal

klausD is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about DOM 1 Demo

Hi,
sorry to ask you some silly questions, but I am new to the dominion 1 game and I am playing the demo at the moment. (seems very interesting)

-is it possible to have ships? (each castle has so many units but up to now I did not see any galleys or similar)

-if there are no ships in the game, how can I cross oceans? There are some sort of sea-lanes, but I cannot move an army across it to enter the land on the opposite end of the lane.

-what are the different heavy infantry slots in the castle counter mix for? (ULM). I mean there are axeman, flailman (alle labeled HI) etc. Just to show different icons? Because it seems that the HI has almost the same stats. (some small differences in protection, but not spectacular)
The same is for the ULM commanders. Many icons, same name, almost no stat diffence. Weird. Maybe a bug in the demo?

-how can I build temples?

-Is there an easy way to explain how the combat is resolved? (what are the stats like protection, att, def, Hitpoints etc. for)

Thanks for your time.

bye
klausD