Notices

Old December 10th, 2023, 10:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Possible ideas for next patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys View Post
Would it be possible in the future to be able to set a preferred map type when generating a single battle, just like when generating a new campaign?
Not without re-organizing the single battle screen to add another button and that is very much a non-trivial task.

We already allow map customization to be done before you choose your troops with the VIEW MAP button.

My suggestion would be when you find maps you like write down the numbers and then use one of those.

That will do what you want and even allows you to edit the map that does appear and save it in the custom map folder

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 16th, 2024, 08:22 AM

Corporal

Isto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible ideas for next patch

I have suggested this many time before, but i can suggest it again:

Suggesting to remove the code, that makes all SAM type weapons to be calculated as maximum of 1: HE penetration instead of the amount shown in Statistics. (For example, i suppose a SAM type weapon that hits an Air Unit with HE 30 is calculated as 1 not 30 at the moment). So suggesting to go back how it was before this was changed (for some reason). I think this was confirmed, that the Calculation acts in this way, even it didnt before. I only stated that SAM type weapons seem suddenly very weak against Air Units, and it was stated then, that this is the reason for it. The way this was originally (calculating as it reads in the Statistics), was good. So i suggest to change it back how it was. If i remember right, this was changed years ago and i am not currently aware, is it still so or not. But still want to mention this.

Suggesting to add an Option to turn down any Ammo Types, in a similar way than you can turn down Individual Weapons from the Statistic Screen of a unit. When i last suggested this, the opposing argument was, that it does not matter as the AI already chooses the most effective option automatically, which in my opinion, is not true: As in, if you shoot a Vehicle from a certain distance, the AI will choose the SABOT Ammo Type, even it have very low changes of Penetrating and not the HEAT type, which usually always Penetrates (as the SABOT have higher starting Value, but will be lowered from the Distance it travels, as with HEAT rounds, they are not affected by the Distance of the shot, and are sometimes more effective because of that) - This can mean between a Destroyed Tank and one that was not. And this is not even rare, in certain eras of gameplay, i encounter this problem myself almost every game and wish, that i could choose the Ammo Type instead of AI. This would not be hard feature to add i suppose, as the mechanics of it already exist. All that would be needed, is that you could click the Ammo Types in the same way than the Weapons, and make them off/on (changing colors when off / on. If i remember right, off color is some form of blue color, and on color some sort of orange).

If the Weapon is clicked: It turns the Weapon Off.

If an Ammo Type is clicked from a weapon that is On: It turns that Ammo Type Off from that weapon only (if it have multiple ammo types).

(And when clicking them again, turns them back On).

Or then any other Mechanism, that lets you choose the Ammo Type of the next shot.

Would really Appreciate it. If have to choose between those two Suggestions. The option to choose the Ammo Type is far more important to me than the original SAM calculations.

Last edited by Isto; February 16th, 2024 at 10:52 AM..