World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 25th, 2005, 05:51 AM

Private

cusbut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: errors in existing OOB\'s

Hi Listy,

I left the RAC in December after completing my colour service, I was a qualified gunnery instuctor on CR2 and CVRT, In the mid eighties CVRT carried a dismountable TI sight known as OTIS this was then replaced by a TI sight similar to the Warrior MAOV's TI sight known as SPIRE in the mid nineties. The TI capability although good is not up to the same standard as that fitted to CR2. Every CR2 is capable of being fitted with a dozer blade but the normal operational procedure is one tank per troop, not that we ever actually fitted them, lol. As you correctly stated we dont use mineploughs but the CR2 icon could be changed to represent dozer tanks. I was also a small arms instructor and although the Susat is capable of engaging up to 800mtrs effective section fire is only 600mtrs. I have included l85 with iron sights in my orbat (effective range 300mtrs) to cover the other arms equipment such as crews, artillery, air defence etc etc
Old June 26th, 2005, 03:46 PM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road

Eh? the SA80 in the game as is is only effective to 400M, not 600 (That's where I first had the range, but I upped it in later versions, after seeing other people going to 800).

On fixed wing recce: Point taken, of course in the Gmae guide, or Mobhack help (can't remember which) it Did state that jet sounds start at speed 10, and spotters with a higher speed circle wider.

As to the time taken to get the info back, RAPTOR can do a direct data downlaod to any compatble system. BOWMAN is capble, and as Every system in the army will eventualy be BOWMAN any one with the right kit can get Tsarget data as a Tornado flies past...

Granted I did go nuts, I was bored at work when I went into it, so Maybe I'll remove the Canberra PR9 and the JRP equiped Harrier
Old June 29th, 2005, 06:36 AM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Ukranie lacks the ability to purchase strike aircraft.

Doubt it was intentional, I'm guessing it's an OOB error..?
Old June 29th, 2005, 09:53 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
wulfir said:
Ukranie lacks the ability to purchase strike aircraft.

Doubt it was intentional, I'm guessing it's an OOB error..?
Did you check to see if your air strikes number was > 0 (either manually entered in the preferences screen or as allocated by the random routine if set to XXX)?

Did you look in the Misc formations purchase page, assuming you had strikes > 0?.

Had you bought some other air formations, thus reducing strikes, before trying to buy your fixed-wing strikes?

If all of that was OK - the exact year would be handy to know, just in case there is a gap in planes availability or whatever?

Cheers
Andy
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:10 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mobhack said:
If all of that was OK - the exact year would be handy to know, just in case there is a gap in planes availability or whatever?
It was in the editor, wanted to give the Ukranians some air support - the option for strike element is there but no aircraft. Year was Feb 2005 but I think the lack of aircraft goes for all time periods in the Ukranian OOB.
Old June 29th, 2005, 05:01 PM

Quote:
wulfir said:
Quote:
Mobhack said:
It was in the editor, wanted to give the Ukranians some air support - the option for strike element is there but no aircraft. Year was Feb 2005 but I think the lack of aircraft goes for all time periods in the Ukranian OOB.
Nope - because I tested that before replying, and had 15 or so types to choose.

Tried at this date - planes are definately available in mobhack, will need to have a look, as something weird is going on! (hopefully just a subtle database error!

Cheers
Andy
Old June 30th, 2005, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Mobhack said:

Nope - because I tested that before replying, and had 15 or so types to choose.

Tried at this date - planes are definately available in mobhack, will need to have a look, as something weird is going on! (hopefully just a subtle database error!

Cheers
Andy
A Database error - more than 21 (or so) planes simultaneously available, so nothing can be displayed in the game as too many items to fit on the page. (You get the same blue box message about "nothing available" for this error - since oth ask you to contact the OOb designer, even though in this case it is "far too many items available to dislay")

I'll have a look to see if I can change the (nasty horrible spaghetti) code that does selection to simply stop at 20 items (and drop any extras) if the OOB designer has viloated the "no more than 20 of any unit class item available at the same time" rule.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 30th, 2005, 10:34 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road

ALthough the OOB designer isn't me, I didn't know that rule. Is it menioned in the game guide?
Old June 30th, 2005, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Listy said:
ALthough the OOB designer isn't me, I didn't know that rule. Is it menioned in the game guide?
Should be somewherein the mobhack help, as it is to do with OOB editing technical details , and not general game play which is the GG's purpose, but may be buried in the GG somewhere. (Or I may be confused with something I posted on Yahoo - it was reasonably recent (~6 months or so)).

Have fixed the code to chop at 23 items, and simply ignore any superfluous ones past the first 23 found, instead of giving up and displaying the error message.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 15th, 2005, 03:16 AM

Private

Kone is on a distinguished road

Mi-24V "Hind-E" still carries the YakB 12.7 gun. The version with the twin 30mm is Mi-24P "Hind-F".

Russian Hinds usually have unrealistically high night vision values. The first all-weather day/night capable Hind with thermal imaging is the Mi-24PN. It entered service early 2004. Some upgraded test helo(s) may have been evaluated in Chechnya in the '90s though. PN also has chopped stub wings with 2 weapon pylons. Some sources suggest it might be able to carry the same 8-tube AT-missile packs the Mi-28 Havoc.

In Afganistan, Hinds often carried dumb bombs (4x250kg or 2x500kg). Sometimes FAEs and submunition dispense packs.

A couple of years ago first Mi-28N Havoc-B was said to enter service in 2005. Anyone got information about this?