Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 15th, 2005, 12:32 PM

Corporal

Starmyth is on a distinguished road
Default Iraq- Post War US Occupied

This OOB has been modified from the original to disable heavy weapons such as aircraft, heavy artillery, tanks, APCs, and such from May 2003 onward. Some of these items properly ended April 2003 in the original OOB but many did not. Guerillas and their allies would not have probable access to these items within Iraq.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 367164-Obat017.zip (22.0 KB, 123 views)
Old July 15th, 2005, 01:54 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Iraq- Post War US Occupied

The Saddam loyalists heavily looted military installations before the coilition took over. Not sure what that means exactly in terms of what they have and what they dont,but safe to say the insergents have plenty of hardware.
Old July 15th, 2005, 04:05 PM

Corporal

LOL I assumed as much. I expect the US has immediately targeted any of the items I changed assuming they are trying to use same. Moving 155 mm artillery takes quite a bit of time and likely would be destroyed within minutes of it being fired. I left the mortars, RPGs, etc as they are easily hidden. Also, the US likely still doesn't have all the original Iraqi depots properly under their control yet. Iran, Syria, Russia, etc could provide 'secret' assistance. It is really kinda dumb to get bombed by 155 mm off-map guns and Astros on-map belonging to guerillas. Also applies to tactical strike fighters and similar. By no means will these changes make it an easy fight.
Old July 15th, 2005, 04:25 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Maybe you can assume some light AFVs were smuggled from the abbandoned factories/barracks or neighbouring countries, with enough spares or sheer faith to hold on for some months.
Small uncomplicated things like EE-11, BTRs, BRDMs, AMLs...

Indeed some ammo was provided (apparently) from vazious countries by various groups and individuals over very unofficial channels.

However you can assume that under embargo the Western hardware will wear out faster due to more sophistication and stronger embargo enforcement.

You can also scratchbuild or copy some guerilla makeshift weapons, like the single-shot rocket tubes you can find in some OOBs.
Old July 15th, 2005, 04:29 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road

Ok this oob is more for just playing the computer and letting it buy stuff.I understand where your coming from now. I often just buy for the computer and let it deploy.

As far as the Iraqi oob is concerned,I thought that the developers were just waiting to see what becomes of Iraq before they got into serious changes.
Also even to this point I'm not sure that many units of the new Iraq Army are really that effective in combat.
Old July 16th, 2005, 01:18 AM

Corporal

Location: Cleveland, OH (Yeah I know, you don\'t need to say anything)
kevin is on a distinguished road

Plasma,

You can rest assured that the insurgents don't have AFV's. I wish that they did, because nothing would scream hey, [censored] here, destroy me with a 500 pound LGB please, like the sight of an BRDM trying to tear through the streets of Baghdad. In the open desert it would be even easier to spot.

The heaviest thing they have are mortars, technicals (HMG's mounted on civilian trucks) and those damn RPGs. Oh yeah, they managed to pop off some SA-7s too. The real weapon of the insurgency is stealth. They hide in plain site among the population. The only way to make a realistic comtemporary Iraq scenario is too include special victory conditions that punishes you for killing civilians.
Old July 16th, 2005, 02:14 PM

Corporal

The OOB I created is for Guerillas/Foreign fighters in post war, US occupied Iraq. Everything before May 2003 was left the same. I don't understand why Iraqi forces have access to obvious 'current' US kit prior to May 2003 in the original OOB. The US hasn't provided kit to the Iraqi military since before 1990 (prior to present post war, US occupied Iraq). Most US kit within Iraq would be leftovers from the Iraq-Iran war.
Old July 16th, 2005, 03:12 PM

Corporal

A penalty for killing civilians sounds nice. The US government already has an answer for that situation though. It refuses to keep a count of civilian deaths they have caused (officially. Civilians have died. Just don't expect an official count from the US.
Old July 16th, 2005, 06:36 PM

Corporal

loktarr is on a distinguished road

How could they?
Seems really hard to fight in streets with civilian all around when the ennemi has no uniform... So what's a civilian in those kind of war? I think when a guy with a weapon is killed, she is immediatly stollen and given to others.... No way to identify civilians and insurgents...
Old July 17th, 2005, 08:10 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

You're right Loktarr, that is exactly the problem in this case. You cannot discriminate between outright guerillas, supporters of any kind, unconcerned civilians...

The problem exists in any rebellion war, and the rebels know very well how to use it. The more civilians you kill, however support they gave to the rebels, the more support they get.