.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 29th, 2012, 02:31 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road
Default Sheer 'Dem Hydras (Upload Pretenders)

I have one game ending soon and another where I will soon be killed so its time to consider starting a new game.

I am recruiting here for a game that will be coordinated here. If you are interested, please sign up in either place but you are expected to keep abreast of, and post important information on the Invision forum.

Game info

link

Name Shear ‘dem Hydras. (We got orders for more armor.)

Type - llamaserver PBEM (Play By EMail) - Llamaserver FAQ - http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35160

Schedule - 1st turn 48h, then 28h until players prefer 52h. Then repeat for 76h if necessary.

Players – We will play with 7-9 players. Players are expected to be familiar with the basic understanding of the rules and to consider themselves competitive. If you are new to dominions, you should probably not join. Ie- this is a game for intermediate and veteran players.

Players must be committed. You are expected to fight to the bitter end. Turning AI early or submitting suboptimal turns because you are losing or have lost interest is not acceptable.

Additionally, players are expected to be responsible about stales, etc. If you are going to stale, or notice someone else is staling, it is your responsibility to contact the game administrator to make them aware. It is not the admin’s job to watch the game clock to make sure you don’t stale.

Lastly a very strong player should not take a nation which others might strongly argue is overpowered (form what i hear, MA Ulm).

Nation Selection - First come first serve. If there is only 1 water nation chosen, that player will be asked to find another nation to play. If two or more players decide to play water nations, then that is acceptable.

Diplomacy - Machiavellian. Trades are binding. Diplomacy should only be conducted if you have contact with the nation you are speaking to within the game. After turn 24 you can speak to any player in the game concerning the game that you like regardless of in-game contact.

Game Settings
Age - Middle Age
Independent Strength – 5 (Default)
Research - Standard
Magic Sites - 45
Money - Default
Resources - Default
Supplies - Default
Random Events- Default
Re-naming - On
Score Graphs - On
Hall Of Fame - 15

Mods - There is a general consensus that the current CBM with the EDM summons is unbalanced (mostly due to the low casting requirements of ‘summon zmey’). We will play a specially made mod that incorporates the changes to the next CBM that llama has made to date (currently EDM changes and the removal of Agartha Darkness PD), and Kianduatha's Pretender changes from his CBM sub-project.

The mod can be found here - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97382000/CB1.92.ED...enders.0.02.zip

The list of EDM changes can be found here - http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index....&#entry22020668

Kianduatha's Pretender sub-project, along with the changes, is here - http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/...?showtopic=934

Map Ethereal Squirrels

Victory Conditions - Hold your own capital as well as 50%+ capitals for 3 consecutive turns, with win claims to be checked by a non-player. Or until other players admit defeat or you otherwise force a win (dominion spread for example)

General Rules Please play responsibly.
  • Needing to Leave the Game

Do not turn yourself AI without admin approval. The player is expected to make every reasonable effort to find a replacement.
  • Banned Exploits
    1. Copying the script orders from Bogus and his friends to others commanders (ie. The 'Fire Commanders' orders).
    2. Overloading other players labs by sending them lots of items.
    3. Exploiting obvious mod bugs. If you find something which is obviously wrong or looks wrong then you have a duty to report it, and not exploit the bug until the admin makes a decision on it.
    4. No move-blocking by probing enemy armies with lone commanders. If you want to probe an enemy army then hide a Scout in that province and use the "Attack Current Province" command, as that runs no risk of blocking enemy movement.
  • Non-Aggression Pacts (or NAP's for short)

No NAP agreements in this game will be considered as inviolable in any way. You are free to sign as many NAP's as you wish, but you do so at your own risk. Never forget that the diplomacy in this game is machiavellian, which basically means you should not believe anything another player tells you, as each player is perfectly entitled to speak falsehoods if they think it gains them an advantage. Also please do not make the fatal mistake that many players do of relying on NAPs to defend your lands and your borders. A NAP offer absolutely no protection from attack in a game with machiavellian diplomacy.

Neither do I feel it appropriate to make the comment, “Your reputation will follow you from game to game.”
  • Wanking

Being a general douche bag is not allowed in this game. This is probably the most important rule of the game, and if you break it then you can expect to be kicked out.

Player List
  1. Immaculate- Machaka
  2. Vagr- Vanheim
  3. Tenuki- Caelum
  4. Anaconda- C'tis
  5. Reverend Zombie- Jotunheim
  6. Deadnature- Bandor Log
  7. Vishniac- Pythium
  8. Ossa- Marrignon

Last edited by Immaculate; August 31st, 2012 at 07:27 PM..
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM

Captain

Default Re: Sheer 'dem Hydras (MA, Intermediate-Veteran game)

Four slots left and no shrapnel players beyond myself yet... get in here- we got to represent!
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:52 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

I would love to, but timeline is rather tight? Are extensions available upon request? For example, I am pretty sure I cant play next Mon-Wed, and so on...

If you would and could accomodate me, C'tis please.

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Reverend Zombie is on a distinguished road

Jotunheim, please!
When that they find nothing but waste...

Old August 30th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Captain

We'll try to accommodate that Anaconda.
Old August 30th, 2012, 10:12 AM

First Lieutenant

Thank you. Please feel free to kick me out if everyone else is able to play several weeks straight without extensions. No hard feelings! I can find another one later.

Old August 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM

Corporal

Vishniac is on a distinguished road

I'd like to play but I'm not sure to be able to stand to the big boys: it would be my 5th MP game, so I am barely intermediate.

If you think it's ok, then count me in and...give me time to think about a cool nation since Anaconda already took my beloved lizards.
Either I'll choose one only by roleplay (could well be Pythium or Ermor, I am a big fan of ancient roman legions) or maybe someone would like me to take something unusual to complement the other choices(no blood magic, please. It's beyond my ethics )
A water nation would be cool but nobody else expressed this wish.
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM

First Lieutenant

MA Agartha is a good bet and compensates short experience too.

Old August 30th, 2012, 01:52 PM

Captain

You can claim a water nation as a first choice and a land nation as a second choice and if someone else goes with a water nation, then you can be the water nation you claimed and if no one else takes a water nation, then you will be that land nation you claimed.

If its your fifth game, do you understand communions? if so, pythium is a VERY strong nation and thematically fun and may compensate somewhat for your lack of experience.
Old August 30th, 2012, 04:50 PM

Corporal

Vishniac is on a distinguished road

I played LA Agartha in a MP game and they were somewhat tricky (with those crossbowmen who wouldn't shoot an elephant 10m away and those encumbrance-8 or 10 guys...) but I did well.

However, it shall be PYTHIUM!
Lizard cavalry, hydras (we must have hydras in the game since there are hydras in the title, eh!), Lucius Vorenus, Titus Pullo...
I never tried communions but there is a guide written by Baalz on these forums; I shall look at it.

SENATVS POPVLVSQVE ROMANVS