.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 16th, 2007, 04:43 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Neo Xekinima - LA game of Mod nations (recruit

Quote:
Cainehill said:

When do we expect the updated mods, and then when are the pretenders expected after that?
The mod will be ready within 24 hours. Prolly less, now that I woke up again.

I'd have taken care of it earlier, but there are a couple of things at the moment that kept me real busy. My notebook broke down, seriously handicapping me, my host said that he is switching from Linux to Windows which required me to find a new Linux based host and move all my games over (done that already, now, though), and I'm going to a conference for a week starting tomorrow all besides normal work, so I'm busy.

I'll write PM's to the people when the mod is ready. We'll then start whenever all the pretenders are in, so on Monday in case all of you are fast with that or some other day in the coming week. Maybe somebody else decides to withdraw from the game, we'll see. Setting the game up can be done in a jiffy. Since I heard no objections except "please don't let me start in North Africa", we'll use the Uropia map.
Emergency comic relief
Old June 16th, 2007, 06:46 PM

General

I have finished the new mod that we'll prolly use for playing. I'll now send out PM's to all the players with the information on how we are proceeding.
Emergency comic relief
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:07 AM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road

Awesome. Umm - what settings are we going to be at? Just read through the thread and never saw that mentioned.

Also - even with Insane 50, New Hoburg's Fallen Wizard pretender seems a bit much, especially for a blessing strategy - 35 points for lvl 2 in _three_ paths, gem income 2, and new paths costing only 20 points.

( Edit - Had mistaken New Ulm for New Hoburg.
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:43 AM

Lieutenant General

Umm - also, Sylvania's Phoenix Guard still has a Fist for a weapon, instead of the golden bardiche they're supposed to have. Likewise, the Enchantress, Loremaster, and Priestess only have fists for weapons, which might be by design, but seems unlikely (as they probably should at least have a knife, eldar dagger, something).

Edit : And the lance Glade Rider doesn't have a sword like it should, only Light Lance and Hoof - should presumably have an Eldar Blade as well.
Old June 17th, 2007, 06:45 PM

General

Quote:
Cainehill said:
Awesome. Umm - what settings are we going to be at? Just read through the thread and never saw that mentioned.
I think I wrote in the PM that everything will be set to standard, and we're going to have 48 hours quickhosting.

Quote:
Cainehill said:
Also - even with Insane 50, New Hoburg's Fallen Wizard pretender seems a bit much, especially for a blessing strategy - 35 points for lvl 2 in _three_ paths, gem income 2, and new paths costing only 20 points.
It used to be even worse before, new paths at 10 points and lvl 3 in those three paths. Yes, it does open up very good blessing potential, but now you at least have to take bad scales to get it to full effect.

Quote:
Cainehill said:
Umm - also, Sylvania's Phoenix Guard still has a Fist for a weapon, instead of the golden bardiche they're supposed to have. Likewise, the Enchantress, Loremaster, and Priestess only have fists for weapons, which might be by design, but seems unlikely (as they probably should at least have a knife, eldar dagger, something).

Edit : And the lance Glade Rider doesn't have a sword like it should, only Light Lance and Hoof - should presumably have an Eldar Blade as well.
Please write a post on Sombre's CBM thread about this (or the mod thread), or provide a fix for it. I can replace the mod without problems, but I got no time to fix this myself.
Emergency comic relief
Old June 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
lch said:
Quote:
Cainehill said:

Please write a post on Sombre's CBM thread about this (or the mod thread), or provide a fix for it. I can replace the mod without problems, but I got no time to fix this myself.
Okay - found the problems and have fixed them, two modded weapons shared the same number (Dwarven Fire and Dawn's Edge), and one of the Glade Runner units didn't have all the right lines in its entry. I'm attaching a version that fixes only those things - I don't know if there's problems with other nations having missing weapons, spells, etc, caused by folding all the mods together.
Old June 17th, 2007, 09:15 PM

Lieutenant General

And, unfortunately, I see there's still a bug with attachments - server didn't process my zip file properly, so I'm not sure what to do here.

My fix was changing the weapon number for Dawn's Edge from 815 (shared with Dwarven Fire) to 829, and changing

#weapon "Light Lance"
#weapon 56
#armor "Elven Leather Hauberk"

to :

#weapon "Light Lance"
#weapon 56
#weapon "Eldar Blade"
#armor "Elven Leather Hauberk"

on the Glade Runner.
Old June 17th, 2007, 09:39 PM

Lieutenant General

Okay - Sombre says that second fix is bad, because with the original lines, that glade rider is fighting with Lance, Hoof, _and_ Eldar Blade all at the same time. Looking at the unit's attack skill stats, it winds up being AT 4/10/6, so it is indeed better to remove a weapon, even if the description says, "lance and sword".

Not sure if you'd ever recruit the glade rider with lance then, since lance is definately inferior to the Eldar Blade. (But the unit does get a shield - still, I think it ought to have the Eldar Blade and not the lance.)
Old June 17th, 2007, 10:30 PM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

I don't mind waiting until those fixes can be done. No hurry.
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:33 AM

Lieutenant General

Likewise - no hurry, but I think every player should go through a test SP game and check their units, give a once-over to make sure there aren't any glaring errors. No one can be expected to verify all the nations - but each player should have incentive to verify their own nation.