.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 21st, 2010, 03:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

namad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Overlords - Game Thread. (playing)

maybe i'm just upset because i haven't had any desire to play my nation or try to win in months and i've only been keeping going because i was curious to see who would win... there were many strong nations i was curious to see battles between even though i would be no match for them.....

yet the entire game went by without any powerful nations ever fighting each other robbing us the chance of a little fun... i was all prepared for you guys to have a couple battles then forfeit to whoever was coming out slightly ahead.... i guess it feels like a waste of a game to quit without seeing any of the strong spells armies or scs go head to head.... but.... if the game isn't fun playing more of it certainly won't be fun... ya know what?

maybe you should send out an in game messaging asking for the concession? then if you get the yes messages back just turn the game off? because for instance... i noticed arco isn't checking the forums but i wouldn't wanna turn the game off with him still wanting to play around?
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:08 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Overlords have been able to attack each other the whole game, yes.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old February 21st, 2010, 04:31 PM

Sergeant

LumenPlacidum is on a distinguished road

There's nothing cheating about diplomatic wins in a game that has victory conditions that can allow for that. Even if the victory conditions were "last man standing", then they wouldn't have to fight one another.

Hell, I was hoping to join them until I fell behind when Ashdod hit me while I was focused on Machaka. I'm perfectly willing to concede this game to their alliance. The game seems like it's being lengthened beyond what's even amusing anyway. We have an overlord that's not even submitting turns any more. About the only thing I'd be looking forward to at this point is seeing if I can put up some resistance to Ashdod's SCs.
Old February 21st, 2010, 05:05 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Ok, the root of the issue is (practically?) nobody is enjoying this game so it's pretty ridiculous to keep playing it. I'm asking for a concession because calling a draw at this point seems ludicrous when I can't conceive of any situation that this game is not eventually won by Vanheim or R'lyeh, so if Vanheim and R'lyeh are content with a joint victory explicitly allowed by the game rules what the hell is the issue?
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:31 PM

Corporal

LupusFatalis is on a distinguished road

Namad, I don't respond quickly to these threads quite frankly because reading your verbose drivel isn't worth my time.

As far as diplomacy, why the hell would anyone publicly announce anything. Covert operations are much more successful because they are unexpected. Quite frankly I would have thought you of all people should have caught on to this before now.

To be quite honest, I could care less whether you all concede or not--here on out I get to test all sorts stuff on players. Conceding defeat robs me of that opportunity. To the same end, I'm certainly willing to accept such a concession as everyone else seems to be bored and frustrated.
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

Yeah, at this point I've already reached my goal of killing off Pythium, so I'm fine with conceding if people don't want to play anymore--I have basically no chance at all of winning(ugh, MA Oceania without clamming), but it does give a decent chance to test random things on people.
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:24 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Ashdod concedes... on the condition that we play one more turn. I need to respond to Baalz' wanton and unexpected attacks on me this turn. I was sucker punched... at least I need the chance to hit back. After that, yeah, let's end this thing, and get on with more fun games.

It was kind of funny watching my PD kill one of his Tarts though

So bring it, Baalz. Let's have a few fights worth watching at the end.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

namad is on a distinguished road

I never said anything about public disclosure....

I also agree it is totally valid for you to share a victory in this manner...

the point I am making is that this concession amounts to a draw between vanheim and r'lyeh with everyone else losing.... it just seems odd that either of you would accept what is essentially half a victory.... it would seem more likely that the two of you would want to continue posturing for another month before admitting the joint victory was the best either of you could do.....

It's just a manner of what I consider valid terms of a concession and I guess no one agrees with me...

as lupus has started being personally hostile with me, I refuse to continue this discussion.

I will no longer be playing, thinking about, or discussing anything to do with the game overlords.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:00 AM

General

In support of my ally Namad, I will, though conceding the game, not support any "winner" post in regards to this game. To claim this game as a "win", on any scale, team or otherwise, would be a gross travesty, in my opinion. The win conditions varied from turn to turn, the game was quite experimental, and, in the end, it was only finished because everyone got tired of the ubiquitous nature of it.

Last edited by Lingchih; February 22nd, 2010 at 04:10 AM..
Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:49 AM

General

Wow, this if fun. Unleash the hounds!. I should have done this ages ago