.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Endgame Diversity Mod - Lategame summons, released at last!

Also, is this release compatible with CBM? IIRC, the last version needed a fix. Thanks Llama for your hard work on this wonderful mod.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:29 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Valerius - good idea. I've swapped the attachment for a new one where the .dm file has a different name.

Aethyr - I believe it is compatible with CBM, yes. I based the new version on Pyg's fixed version (where the fixes were to make it compatible with CBM). Haven't checked in detail though (but Pyg is the kind of guy who I expect probably would have checked in detail).
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old June 4th, 2010, 03:53 AM

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Er, another new version - this time v1.01. I had intended to increase the Roc's research level back to 6, but had forgotten before release v1.0. I think summoning mages should always take a reasonable level of research.
Old June 4th, 2010, 06:51 AM

Corporal

zzcat is on a distinguished road

Well, I found a major bug. The one-headed zmey(monster id 2960) has #secondshape 2960 so it's practically unkillable. So does 2961 and 2962, both of them will turn to 2960 when get killed and respawn themsleves again and again.

btw, It seems the spell list in start of .dm file is out of date...
Old June 4th, 2010, 07:03 AM

Sergeant

NooBliss is on a distinguished road

Arent these Shishi a little bit too perfect? For 30 gems, you get two very, very tough thugs with 6 attacks (effectively), at attack skill 20, 20 protection, cloud trapeze, mistform/mirror image, 3 misc slots, two immunities, 18 magic resistance, morale 30, 50 hp.

Sounds like RRrRRrRrrRAWR. All of your thugs are belong to us now.
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:38 AM

zzcat: Well spotted, thanks. I've tried to fix it up, but don't have a copy of dom3 with me (away till Sunday), so I'd appreciate it if you could check I've done it correctly. The set of #firstshapes and #secondshapes for the zmey is a bit bewildering.

NooBliss: Well other people have told me they're too weak. On the other hand your poke did make me reconsider the changes I'd made in v1.01, and I think increasing the MR to 18 was an error; it's back to 16 now. Bear in mind that while they do have 3 misc slots they are missing all the other slots, and in fact are still quite killable by mortal troops.
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:31 AM

Sergeant

NooBliss is on a distinguished road

I remember reading something about Shishi killing fully equipped Raksharajas, please correct me if I'm wrong. For just 15 air, I wouldnt call that 'too weak'.

They only have 3 misc slots, true. But its almost like they have all the items built-in. 3 magical attacks per round and a base atack score of 17 - roughly an equivalent of a magical two-hander. Quite comparable to wave breaker, I think. Protection 20 and two immunities - thats better than most armors and helms can give, with zero encumberance as a bonus. Always quickened means they have built-in boots of speed.
You cant customise them much, thats the problem. Still, thats a fully equipped (except misc slots) thug who can cast cloud trapeze, mirror image and mistform for just 15 air gems, summoned in pairs to save mage-time. I dont mind, really, I am looking forward to using them myself. But they shine so much, they eclipse most other summons. Dont you agree?

Oh, by the way. In SP I just killed about 60 Sauromatian Cataphracts and 30 androphag archers with one male Shishi, equipped with a pendant of luck and a girdle of might. Looks like mortal troops cant kill Shishis - they make absolutely great thugs, almost SCs in my opinion.

Last edited by NooBliss; June 4th, 2010 at 09:54 AM..
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:57 AM

Corporal

@Llamabeast: v1.02 seems OK. But it may still be a problem that #2962 has #firstshape 2962. Not tested yet but IMO it may cause unwanted curing of afflictions after battle. In addition, I think 3-headed zmey should have 6 eyes and 2-headed should have 4
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:07 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooBliss View Post
Oh, by the way. In SP I just killed about 60 Sauromatian Cataphracts and 30 androphag archers with one male Shishi, equipped with a pendant of luck and a girdle of might. Looks like mortal troops cant kill Shishis - they make absolutely great thugs, almost SCs in my opinion.
You can equip a banelord with frost brand and shield of gleaming gold with same gem cost. It will have much better survivability against high damage units like barbarians and crossbowmen. And it can beat shishi 1 on 1.(shishi: 20damage*6, 20 prot, 55hp vs banelord: 35 damage, 21 prot plus shield bonus, 42hp)
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:45 PM

zzcat: Well spotted, thanks very much. I've had a new attempt but again would really appreciate it if you checked it as I reordered the different shapes, which definitely introduces some increased bungling possibility.