.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old November 10th, 2007, 02:06 PM

Sergeant

zepath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: World of Warhammer - Released!

As a general update, the adventure mod is still coming along. I'm working on creating the very powerful, very valuable indy provinces (Khemri, Marienburg, Eataine, etc.) first and will then go through and populate the lands inbetween with less challenging but fiction-appropriate stuff. In general, I haven't restricted my work to a particular time period in the Warhammer world. Thus you'll be able to fight Kurt Helborg (captain of the Reiksgard) and Louen Leoncoeur (King of Bretonnia) as well as Nagash and Neferata (the originators of the Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts respectively).

Panpiper: Hopefully Valandil hasn't gone completely quiet. In the end, there's nothing saying you can't produce an alternative Hordes of Chaos nation if he's not interested or can't reply.

DigitalSin: No problem at all. If it would be more helpful I still have the miscellaneous chunks of pixel art that was generated while building those sprites. I've also got some preliminary mod commands I was going to use for those creatures. Just ask and I'll PM 'em to you.

Aezeal: Thanks again! I will check your provinces out tomorrow after I return from a short trip and we can talk about more.
Old November 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Corporal

Panpiper is on a distinguished road

Edit: An aborted attempt at graphics hacking. It didn't take. I'll stick with numbers hacking for the time being.
Old November 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

If I were you I would seriously consider editing that post away, because that is not a topic we can discuss and still use WH mods. The question left unasked in this case is far safer and better for all concerned.
Old November 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM

Sergeant

Panpiper: It's great that you're learning the ropes of pixel artistry. I've always heard good things about GIMP although I don't use it myself. Regarding your sprite, its size seems reasonable for something as large and powerful as a greater daemon. Nevertheless, you are right to worry about using GW images in that way and Sombre is correct. We are better off not getting into uncertain legal territory in that way. We're much safer simply drawing -inspiration- from GW imagery and fiction and creating our own materials from scratch however true-to-form they may end up being. I too would recommend removing the legal vocabulary from your above post and probably taking that attachment down just in case.
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:19 AM

Sergeant

For those who are watching, my work on the adventure version continues. It is no quick task altering the better part of 215 provinces, but much progress is being made. I am considering releasing the adventure map in two degrees of difficulty by simply doubling the number of defenders for extra-challenging play in a harder version. This seems appropriate as the independent province strength setting has no effect on hard-coded indy defenders like those you will find throughout the adventure map.
Old November 15th, 2007, 03:20 PM

Corporal

I was just too impatient to play Chaos it would seem and spent twelve hours putting together my own take on a chaos race mod. It is not complete, at the moment missing all summoned demon types and the requisite spells (I hope to get to this). Also, most of the graphics are lifted from native, though the majority are reasonably appropriate. I expect Valandil will ultimately put together something rather different and his mod will supplant this one. This is meant to help Valandil with inspiration and maybe he can copy/paste parts of it. That plus it gives us something to play with in the mean time while he works on finishing his mod.

Check out Chaos Undivided in Mod thread- WH hordes of chaos.
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:40 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

WHOA!

Here you are gone for a while and then you take a look and: WHOA!

Great work. I'll have to take a WH gaming session this weekend I suspect.

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cake.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cake.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cake.gif[/img]
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:50 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Looking at the map in a quickly started game: WHOA! again!

Got to download the latest versions of skaven, tombkings etc.

All those sweet memories. Pity my darkelves live outside the known world

I think I need a dom3 weekend. It has been a while. Have been quite occupied with other less productive stuff.
Old November 17th, 2007, 07:57 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

I'll do you the entire Dark Elf nation with all the heroes and a bunch of new spells if you'll agree to a bunch of new mod commands and a fix on the modding limits for the next patch. Possibly by bribing JK with cake, I leave that part up to you
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:27 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Sombre said:
I'll do you the entire Dark Elf nation with all the heroes and a bunch of new spells if you'll agree to a bunch of new mod commands and a fix on the modding limits for the next patch. Possibly by bribing JK with cake, I leave that part up to you
I'll add a whole box of warhammer chaos figurines to that bribe (assuming one is at all interested in such things).