This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 8th, 2004, 02:08 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

AMF is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Star Trek, Quadrants of Conflict

You know, the Breen must have come into the Trek universe after I stopped watching it...are they from the later DS9 series? Or Voyager? Never heard of 'em...

thanks,

Alarik

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
I would like to play the Breen then.
Old April 8th, 2004, 02:33 PM

Major General

Ragnarok-X is an unknown quantity at this point

I would choose Species 8472, now that the cardassian have been taken. sign me in
Old April 8th, 2004, 02:35 PM

Major General

Ragnarok-X is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like to play Species 8472 now that the cardassian have been taken.
Old April 8th, 2004, 02:37 PM

General

Ragnarok is on a distinguished road

I believe it was DS9 that they came in. Most of the fighting that happened in DS9 was against the Breen.
They were armed. With guns, said Omari.
Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?
The dreaded derelict dwelling two ton devil bunny!
Every ship can be a minesweeper... Once
Old April 8th, 2004, 03:08 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Ugh. I have been out of the loop. Last I remember about DS9 was the war vs. the Dominion/Cardassia. Oh well!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok:
I believe it was DS9 that they came in. Most of the fighting that happened in DS9 was against the Breen.
Old April 8th, 2004, 06:42 PM

First Lieutenant

Intimidator is on a distinguished road

Sofar the list of players.

8472 : Aiken
Borg : Petra
Breen : Atrocities
Cardassian : Tnarg
Dominion : Renegade 13
Federation : Annika
Ferengi : Kiedryn
Klingons : Alarikf
Orions :
Romulans : Intimidator
Tholians : BlackRose

Ragnorak-X if you look down in the thread you will see that Aiken was before you, sorry.
I will put in some minor races also tonight, as soon as I know if it is possible.

So keep watching this thread !

Intimidator

BTW. Yes thanks Tnarg, please send me the map, want to take a look.
Old April 8th, 2004, 08:41 PM

Major

Aiken is on a distinguished road

Speaking of the map for the game:
I suppose it will be a map from STM Major Systems series by Tnarg. I like this map - it's devoted with a lot of effort and love, but think about the dark side of this: we all know this map - we know where are our nearest neighbours and best planets, key systems and such. I'm affraid it will kill the spirit of descovery in the game.
I hope that my anxieties are groundless of course, but can someone make this point clear - it will be map with same system/warppoints layout as Major Systems 1.x, or something totally different (but with Trek flavour)?

Thanx.
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:04 PM

Corporal

BlackRose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by aiken:
Speaking of the map for the game:
I suppose it will be a map from STM Major Systems series by Tnarg. I like this map - it's devoted with a lot of effort and love, but think about the dark side of this: we all know this map - we know where are our nearest neighbours and best planets, key systems and such. I'm affraid it will kill the spirit of descovery in the game.
I hope that my anxieties are groundless of course, but can someone make this point clear - it will be map with same system/warppoints layout as Major Systems 1.x, or something totally different (but with Trek flavour)?

Thanx.
I'm ok with that, personally In fact i prefer it In trek most of the races knew what and where there neighbors were and dealt with things accordingly. As there will be only Minors playing the AI it should make for a pretty rousing event with plenty of alliances, betrayals and shocking events. If its a roleplay type game all the better, as I intend to play the Tholians exactly as seen in cannon trek, and I strongly encourage others to do so as well Should make things very interesting indeed

My side of the galaxy is quite full, Tholia, Breen, Cardassia and Ferenginar. So we'll be playing very interesting roles and should be fun to see how and if we get along. The Borg have a major advantage in the Major Systems map which I like, but If i was that player I wouldnt expect to develop many friendships On the other Side the Klingons and Romulans will make early rivals, made all the better if an Orion player is found. Poor feds stuck right in the middle but with great access to starter systems. The Dominion player will also be very interesting 8472 is quite isolated, but not with the same access as the Borg, still they will be vying with eachother for dominance in the Delta Quadrant !

I'd reccomend MORE AI empires in the Delta and Gamma Quads so as not to totally unbalance things, thus giving those players something to contend with before they begin their respective onsloughts into the Alpha/Beta Quadrants, or, until the Alpha/Beta Quadrants begin their onsloughts into deep space
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:21 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Well, now I'm confused as to which map we're going with, but, actually, I've never looked at the maps that come with the mod except for two minutes a week or so ago...so, I have no idea where anyone is!

In general, though, the ability to know where all the juicy planets are is pretty advantageous...

I'm generally in favour of making it double-blind, using a new map.

MY SUGGESTION:
IDEALLY, we could get someone who is good with the map editor to take a huge map with similar systems generated with the mod (so we get the right names) and then they modify it to retain the same general role-playing oriented placements but so that all of us are still exploring the galaxy for the first time. There are a number of people out there who are willing to make maps for PBW games BTW... (I won't mention any names, but Tesco has made some maps for me in the past... )

Just my two cents,

Alarik
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:25 PM

First Lieutenant

Intimidator is on a distinguished road

Hi,

BlackRose, I alread thought about it. So the minor races in the Delta quadrant will be the Kazon and the Hirogen and maybe the Vaadwaur (let me know what the rest of you think of it)

Aiken, you are right about the map point. But I intent to forbid the ancient trait so although you know the map, you still have to travel to every system to get it 'really' discovered.

I started this thread only to see if there was some interest. And was planning to get it setup in my holiday, which starts tomorrow . So please all be patient, I will work it all out in the weekend, and will put a game on PBW asap.

Until than, I like this discussion......

Intimidator,