ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:24 AM

Private

IronHat is on a distinguished road
Default patch and LC

I started a british 1940-1945 LC with game version 1.0 and later patched to 4.5.
I was wondering what effect did this have on my on going LC? I noticed that the default brought british rifle company is a bit different but is there anything else that will negative affect my lc?

the LC otherwise seems to be working fine but I'm wondering if there is any new feature I'm missing because the LC was started using 1.0
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:12 AM

Corporal

void1984 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: patch and LC

The best moment for game version update is between battles.
That way if you'll see some OOB problem with units you could upgrade them to proper ones.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:12 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: patch and LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHat View Post
I started a british 1940-1945 LC with game version 1.0 and later patched to 4.5.
I was wondering what effect did this have on my on going LC? I noticed that the default brought british rifle company is a bit different but is there anything else that will negative affect my lc?

the LC otherwise seems to be working fine but I'm wondering if there is any new feature I'm missing because the LC was started using 1.0
Patching the game usually does not affect ongoing long campaigns, or any saved games between you and the AI. I regularly have long campaigns and upgrade as I go along. But then again, I incrementally patch, and have not tried applying all the patches all the way from 1.0 through 4.5! . In that case, it may be best to abandon and restart, should you notice any anomalies in e.g. unit data, or any elements whose icon is missing or invisible etc. (Formation changes are irrelevant, as they will only affect any newly purchased formation. Old ones already purchased will remain as was).

(I'll assume that you patched correctly - applying each and every patch in order. There is no comprehensive patch file).

It is ongoing PBEM games that will be affected adversely (the OOBS in play likely will fail their security checksums), so either wait until any PBEM is completed before patching up, or abandon those that are currently in progress and restart if necessary should you want to apply any new patch.

Cheers
Andy