Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 25th, 2005, 05:45 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: obat37 Czechoslovakia

Quote:
Mobhack said:
I'll have a look at this at some point, but will especially check out the command vehicles.

In Sp, command vehicles (if placed e.g. in line tank units) are a really bad idea. They confer no benefits, and have the disadvantage that they tell a human opponent precisely which vehicle to kill first. It is like hanging a big "kick me!" notice on the unit

Cheers
Andy
IIRC US tankers (OK, not only them) were instructed to target tanks with more radio masts as first as they are Co/Bn command vehicles? Then something alike would really mean the "Kick me" sign...
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:11 AM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road

Why czech T54AMs, T55AMs (except T55AM2B), T72s have vision 16? They should have the same vision as their russian counterparts (as other oobs do), for at least gameplay reasons. In low visibility weather the same T72M1s with standard vision of 20 will eat czech tanks for lunch.

Even if czechs would have worse night-vision equipment provided by the soviet Union, why other Warsaw Pact countries have the common vision of 20 or more?

Also other units vison ratings are weird, differing from the common figures. I understand that there should be more differences between tanks night-vision devices than there are now, but the thing is that the game works pretty well with some standardization of vis 0, 10, 15, 20, 30, 35, 40 etc.

And to the T72M4CZ. If it has ADVANCED ERA, it should add 10-20cm of steel to the armor ratings of the tank. Also the HEAT protection should increase by as much as 30cm. So T72M4CZ frontal armor figures should be somewhere around 60-65 of steel and 80-90 of HEAT protection. Check russian and ukrainian oobs and compare the figures.

I don´t like the super-quality of ADV ERA adding to the PASSIVE armor layouts (rendering DC-ATGMs to kind of one-warhead system), but if it is so then it should extend to ALL tanks using such armor system.
Old March 12th, 2006, 04:52 PM

Private

PN79 is on a distinguished road

Hi pdoktar
I started modify czechoslovak oob long time ago and I tried to by precize in all aspect. So then some "for game" bad things...

Tanks - from T-54AM to T-72M1 all have TPN-1 night vision for gunner - it has max range 800 metres = 16 p. You can change this to 20 to be comparable with other oobs.
(and T-55AM2B have TPN-3 with max range 1200m/24p, than change it to 30)

this is also about other weapons:
I did some mistakes in this version >
correct and for game:
2S1 Gvozdika: 12p ... 15p
OT-65A: 8 ... 10
OT-62: 8 ... 10
OT-64: 8 ... 10
BVP-1: 8 ... 10
BVP-2: 16 ... 20
BVP-2+: 30 (new NV from 2004)
(about BPzV it has real NV of range 20 pieces but also have ground surveliance radar - it is problematic to choose between 20 and 50 because it can see with radar through smoke etc. but in fact can not fire only with radar)

armor of T-72M4
- there is problematic how ERA works in game
if projectile hit ERA than ERA completely eliminate it but in fact ERA only reduce effect of projectile against armor
- so protection of T-72M4 with ERA is:
front hull: 52 against AP and 110 against HEAT
front turret: 52 against AP and 120 against HEAT
side turret: 30 against AP and 80 against HEAT
but if projectile hits tank in place not protected by ERA than values are same as for tank without ERA.
So you can chose which values of armor you want to use.
Regards
Old March 12th, 2006, 09:00 PM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the great answer.

As I said, there is a lot to work on in the oobs and relativities of vision, fire-control, range-finders etc. The old game engine limits a lot of different factors. Only limited types of tank ammo and especially ERA is hard to model.

However pointing these facts out is the only way to make a difference. To this game or the next one.

Still WinSPMBT is currently the game for me. Thanks for that to the developers and oob designers!
Old March 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll have a look at this at some point, but will especially check out the command vehicles.

In Sp, command vehicles (if placed e.g. in line tank units) are a really bad idea. They confer no benefits, and have the disadvantage that they tell a human opponent precisely which vehicle to kill first. It is like hanging a big "kick me!" notice on the unit

Cheers
Andy

I think the I idea of a command vehicle is more realistic. How many military history stories have had a mention that they would identify a command track because it had more antennas. I would deffinately try to kill a M577 or the headquarter unit, it plays well. Also makes you worry about and protect your commanders more.

Just a thought...