.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 14th, 2012, 07:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

In other news, I'm working on killing off my javelineers. Too bad they won't stay long enough to die properly -- they keep running! Traitors!
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:36 AM

Sergeant

BewareTheBarnacleGoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by krpeters View Post
I probably shouldn't admit this, but I have trouble seeing why Ettins are worth so much. 14 gems for a mediocre chassis seems too expensive.

But then, 0 gold is also way too cheap
I think that's a legitimate question. I think a useful comparison is to Bane Lords- they have less strength, less health, and undead vulnerabilities, but full cold and poison resist, zero enc, and good starting armor, all for 12 death gems. Ettins have better health, strength, shock resistance, and an extra arm slot, but they are not good without gear, so they are more expensive when you factor in the need to give them armor. So I think they probably are overpriced, but only by a few gems.
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:41 AM

Corporal

Rejakor is on a distinguished road

They have three arms. That's huge. Two shields and a weapon makes a great thug.

That said, the fluff says great MR, but they have 15 MR. I actually prefer the somethingawful 'awesomemods' version where they have 22 base MR (and slightly better stats) for more gems (I think 18?). Since you don't want to spend the gems to gear something that's just going to die, it strikes a good balance between 'cheap heavy thug' and 'cheap but non-ideal light SC' for the nations with the path combo (of which there are a lot, and some have no other SC chassises available).

But yeah, i've run into that site in games. I didn't buy any because it was abso****inglutely obvious that a 14gem ench7 high path req thug chassis should not be coming from an 'Atlantean City' and costing 0gold.

Also, it was really funny watching an entire marverni army run away the instant it made contact with my thug. Fear +14, it pays the bills. The fun thing about strength of boars is that pre crystal shields, you can only cast it from your prophet (or maybe a druid communion). So if I know where your prophet is...
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:22 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

I would hope +12H or even +24H to the turn interval at 20 turns mark.

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:25 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

And also, theres a fine opportunity to claim a game: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48660

(Or, for noobish, ruin one)

Some1, please come and take your seat among other great ones!

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road

BTW, I have a suggestion if we have a sequel to this game. We should name it "Power Beyond Justification". That way the acronym will be "PBJ". Yum!
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:35 PM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Peanut Butter and Jelly?

Sounds like an excellent name for a map: "The Cosmic Deli of Peanut Butter and Jelly".

With all the nut allergies around, peanut butter sandwiches at school seem to be a thing of the past, at least where I am.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:39 AM

Corporal

Nut allergies... whose allergic to nuts?

Just man up, and punch those nuts in the face with your tongue.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:52 AM

Corporal

And now Aby has attacked me. To think, they were saying that I was going to kill them a short time ago. Oh well. It's time to show these fools the power of this FULLY OPERATIONAL BATTLE STATION
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:40 AM

Corporal

Lung Drago is on a distinguished road

Banishment! Banishment! BANISHMENT!

Changed hosting interval to 72 hours on request of HoleyDooley, gonna be away for 3 days, but might get a turn anyhow, as he said.