.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 25th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Sergeant

Tichy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MadCradle2, 11 players, MA - Game On!

OK, I didn't catch that.
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:00 AM

Captain

Psycho is on a distinguished road

So, we're done. Tichy, you were a good opponent, but my gem income was just too much. Having three gem globals for such a long time was unexpected. Besides what the graphs showed, I had over 200 clams which I forged in my banefire forges. I also wished twice per turn for gems for quite some time now (when I weren't wishing for seraphs and chayots). And the long period of peace allowed me to accumulate over 40k gold and over 4k gems in my stash before this war began. I didn't even begin to spend any of that. My power was just too overwhelming.

As for the game, after the initial war with Agartha, who fought well, but was caught between me and Bandar, I found banefire forges in a province next to Agartha capital and enchantresses in another of his provinces. So, I just sat back and used my big water income to forge all the clams I could. I used wishing for gems as a way to alchemize other gems into water with a 1 for 1 ratio (and later I did it for nature gems for GoRing Tartarians). Graphs showed I was number three all along and I waited for the war between you (Shin) and Mictlan, which never happened. In the meantime I grew in power and tried to keep up with you in the number of provinces. So I teleported to the other end of the map to attack TC. And when you finally went after Rlyeh, I convinced Mictlan that we must react against you.

I've never had a game enter such a late stage stage before. In the end I was ridiculously powerful. Even a fight with you seemed like a walk in the park.
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:40 PM

Sergeant

Tichy is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I had nowhere near that kind of power. I was sitting on about a dozen clams and five or six bloodstones. I was wishing for things about once every three turns.

I, also, was waiting for a war between me and Mictlan...I would have won that one...

As soon as I saw you throwing dozens of remote assassination spells and ghost riders at me every turn, I realized just how many orders of magnitude higher your resources were than mine. I could mount about three or four of those spells per turn.

Will you declare the victory on the hall of fame, or should I submit your name?
Old March 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM

Captain

Psycho is on a distinguished road

I had capability for 8 ghost riders, 2 flames from the sky, 7 earth attacks, 6 disease demons, 3 mind hunts and countless seeking arrows (which I didn't use) per turn. This is without counting seraphs, chayots and the pretender.

I'll post in the HoF.