Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 21st, 2013, 07:35 PM

Private

srbks is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Error trying to load saved battles from new campaign in V6

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, my apologies if not. I've downloaded and installed the recent V6 updates (which are great!) and have had no problems with any scenarios,starting campaigns etc. My original was the CD version (v5) installed outside the program files directory. I started playing the new campaign in V6 (29th infantry)and all went well until I saved the campaign (on battle 2). When I later tried to load the saved battle I got the following error message "Error loading campaigns/ucamp050.dat [enter]!". I tried a second time (saving the game files in a different slot) and got the same error. All the other campaigns I've started since upgrading have worked fine, all scenarios load fine from saved games. I tried to find the "upcamp050.dat" file to upload but it is not in any of the folders where SPWW2 is installed. Any ideas how I can fix this? The new campaign looks great! Love the game, btw, thanks for all the work on it.

(PS I'm running Windows 7 Home 64bit)
Old April 22nd, 2013, 04:12 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Error trying to load saved battles from new campaign in V6

There is no user campaign numbered 50, and the one you are playing is actually slot 13. Therefore the message makes no sense...

I opened the campaign in the editor and had a quick glance over, and the links look fine in there.

You say that your installation is "outside program files" - by that you mean that the full installation was done there and you did not try to "fix" the path by copying/moving an original erroneous installation from that location to the new one. Because that wont work for Vista or higher - it will have ferreted some files in strange places so they wont get moved with your attempted repair, if you did it that way.

Please attach your save game in zip or Rar format (both the dat and cmt files) and we will have a look at it when time allows.

Andy
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I got the same error message....... we are investigating.

Don
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:17 PM

Private

srbks is on a distinguished road

The patch worked perfect, I was able to load the saved files after putting the patch file in place.

Thank you!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to srbks For This Useful Post:
Old April 28th, 2013, 05:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Sorry to bother you about this, but 29th Infantry Campaign is kinda neat. Sure would like to salvage it. Here's the problem:

Had the same "Error loading campaigns/ucamp050.dat" as srbks during the second (Omaha Beach) scenario. After downloading and extracting the temp fix file the error message disappeared and saved games could be loaded.

However, following that second battle another problem appeared. After the Battle Report screen>Continue>Battle Result>Go On>Save Game List (Saved it)>Set Player Control>Continue>Campaign Summary>Continue>Load Game List (loaded it), loading the save takes me back to the Set Player Control>Continue>Campaign Summary>Continue>Load Game List>Set Player Control>Continue>Campaign Summary>Continue and etc. Can't get out of the loop to get on with the next scenario.

The system is XP and DL v.6 is installed and patched outside program files.
Would greatly appreciate it if anybody has any suggestions. Thanks.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:08 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Did you start the campaign after you installed the fix or before ? It's a minor point but it might ( or might not ) be significant.

I will look into it.

Don
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:04 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Further testing using the temp fix shows the same problems noted in post #6. The only alternative is to issue a fully corrected version of the campaign. I ran this one to the end and all save games loaded.

This *MAY* allow anyone who has a save of the released version to load a save game made with that version and play on..... but I am not entirely certain of that. The one test I ran with a save I had made while doing the initial temp fix testing did load.

I have deleted the temp fix

EXTRACT THIS ZIP TO YOUR Campaigns FOLDER

This WILL allow the 29th infantry - campaign 13 to be played , saved and played from a save.

I apologize for the original error
Attached Files
File Type: zip REVISED CAMP13.zip (1.01 MB, 271 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Alas and alack, extracting the Revised Campaign file to the Campaigns folder doesn't get me out of the end-battle loop. Looks like I'll have to play again from scratch. No biggie; life has its little frictions.

No need to apologize either. Don, may the God of Battles bless you for your indefatigable--nay, Herculean--labors to sustain and perfect this terrific game. Please give my regards to Andy as well. Cheers!
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM

Private

johnfmonahan is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem with 29th INF and roundhammer both before and after fix.
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:14 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfmonahan View Post
I have the same problem with 29th INF and roundhammer both before and after fix.
OK, so you have installed the revised campaign files .... and confirmed they went into the proper folder... and you are saying the 29th infantry campaign still getting the "Error loading campaigns/ucamp050.dat " message when you open a save ??

After what battle ?

Roundhammer on the other hand could not be giving the same "Error loading campaigns/ucamp050.dat" message..... the reason 29th INF did that was because that's were it was originally created and that was only recently....Roundhammer has been around for years... what message are you getting from Roundhammer and on what turn ?

Don