This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Cyber Nation

Hmm, looks like I'm in a wee bit of trouble...I attacked someone with bigtime tech and low inf/soldiers, and got a bunch of tech from him...I log in today, and he's somehow boosted himself way up, has a ton more inf, and mopped the floor with me via several cruise missile attacks, bombers, and ground attacks. Also find a message demanding that I pay him 10k in reparations...and find out in the same message that he joined a large alliance (after I attacked him, of course). I (being the stubborn person I am) refused to pay reparations, and told him exactly how cowardly I thought he was for hiding behind an alliance after I attacked him when he wasn't in one before! Told him that if he really wanted peace, he'd make an offer before 10PM server and I'd accept, otherwise I'd attack him more.

In other words, I might easily be screwed here...and I'd like for no one to try to come to my aid. I got myself into this position, and don't want to drag anyone else down with me!

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road

It looks like he probably paid a $20 donation for himself since he's not showing any recent aid packages that could explain the jump. When you attacked you would have seen if he was sitting on a pile of money and if not, it has to be a donation. He may or may not be NpO. Some people will change to an aa to ward off attackers even when not in the alliance. Most alliances will not accept members in a war, so it's not likely he ran off and joined as a result of your attack. He could have been an applicant though and been approved before your attack and simply hadn't be logged on to know and change his aa until now. He was in the condition you initially found him because he was a member of NAAC, one of the losing alliances in GW3. In fact NAAC was disbanded rather than accept the surrender terms offered. If you were to check with NpO to see if in fact he was a member it would help because if he was not a member, they may help you just because he's using their aa as a sheild. That's something else alliances take a dim view on. And if he is, you may want to reconsider paying him the $10,000 since he'll likely have buddies filling your war slots if you refuse. These type of situations are a good reason to have the ability to act diplomatically with other alliances.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:44 PM

General

Good news. Despite my aggressive response to his message, he decided to accept my peace offer (without the 10k he initially demanded). So all is well again, though I lost a fair amount of infrastructure and a bit of tech from all the bombings, cruise missile attacks, etc., I've still made a killing off all the tech I've taken (roughly $1,000,000 worth I believe). Anarchy's gonna be a pain for a few days though.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:57 PM

Corporal

Just so you know, once you're able to change out of anarchy, it will still take 2-3 days for your economy to recover completely. Glad it worked out. I think he didn't push because he wasn't really in NpO. If he was, he shouldn't have been willing to take peace so easily. And the money he was asking for would have been a lot higher. $10,000 only buys one point of tech for a newbie, so the money wasn't going to replace anything you destroyed or captured.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:37 AM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road

I was looking at that and it seems you got lucky. I would say he was a poser too. The 10k was a shocker, it wouldn't even be enough to fuel a war for me much less make up what you say you got from him.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:36 AM

General

Yeah 10k seemed like a pittance to me as well, but I'm not the sort of person who gives in to intimidation, so... I got from him about 8 tech levels initially, then he capped those back with all his attacks yesterday and today. He lost more soldiers/tanks than I did in the battles, even though he won them, probably around 1500 soldiers and 100 tanks or so. 10k wouldn't even be enough to replace his troop losses, tank losses, the 4 cruise missiles he shot at me, etc.

Ah well, ended well enough

Old April 23rd, 2007, 02:27 AM

Corporal

GuyofDoom was not as fortunate, he's been jumped by three members of ONOS and his original target has been buffed up by aid packets.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 03:05 AM

Sergeant

GuyOfDoom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Beck said:
GuyofDoom was not as fortunate, he's been jumped by three members of ONOS and his original target has been buffed up by aid packets.
Haha indeed. I found it interesting that I was supposed to receive "terms" before I got thwacked. Ah well everyone has to have a big e-peen I suppose.

Best of luck to those who continue with Cybernations. It's appearant people take it far too seriously for my liking. I'll stick with the SEV KOTH
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:54 AM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road

The real shame here is I offered to help and might have been able to prevent all of this.

By the way you are pre-approved for one of these:
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:04 AM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

I am having intermittent problems with my telephone service which is making it really difficult to access the Web. This is the first time my connection has been stable enough to read this forum since CW requested a status report four pages ago.

Fiducia is humming along nicely. We almost have enough workers to buy a Harbor, and almost enough infrastructure to build aircraft.

My net connection is so flaky right now that the best way to contact me about CyberNations issues is in-game messages to my username, AndyCarnegie. May even be more reliable than my e-mail address at this point. Posting or PMing me here at Shrapnel may not reach me for a week or more.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.