Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM

Corporal

loktarr is on a distinguished road
Default Austrian Kuerassier

I'm curious about the Austrian Kuerassier (Unit 009 - obat 46). Since 2004, it's 105mmG3 gun has a piercing value of 100 in APCR. Only the M1A2 SEP has such a high value with it's 120mm gun. I couldn't find any evidence that this gun is using a very efficient or new technology. Is it a design error, or am I missing something?
Old June 10th, 2008, 09:57 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Austrian Kuerassier

Check back in old threads on this forum. I think you'll find your answer

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM

Corporal

loktarr is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I didn't see that topic. This is quite impressive, probably the best gun ever made.
Sorry for this useless topic.
Old June 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM

Private

Lampshade111 is on a distinguished road

I tried searching "Kuerassier" to find those old threads but I can't see what explains the capability of that gun.
Old June 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...03&Main=490187

Quote:
In 2004 a "Tandem-SABOT" was developed that reportedly allows up to 1,000mm penetration, but also not introduced as of yet
Not sure what is meant here by "Tandem-SABOT". Perhaps some sort of HEAT/APFSDS combination in a sigle round?
It is hard to belive they could squeeze such performance from a 105mm gun using a normal APFSDS.
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:30 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Or telescopic APFSDS? Saw something similar in an article few months ago.
Old June 24th, 2008, 04:27 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

This must be a misunderstanding -I guess we're talking here about the tandem-HEAT round which does exist. I'll have to look into my old correspondence with Siddhi, a former poster on this forum, whose information was more credible on the subject than anyone else's so far. I myself have overhauled the Austrian OOB extensively but haven't changed many weapons' characteristics due to lack of information and danger of destroying the balance of tghe game. But one thing should be obvious, at least for me as a non-expert ;-) : The Kuerassier's 105mm gun got a much smaller chamber than, for example, the British L7 105mm (I've seen and handled both), and therefore I can't imagine how it could be superior to that 105mm at least when using APFSDS ammo. In case of the tandem-HEAT round, howevery, things might look differently.
Old June 24th, 2008, 09:46 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Shan said:
This must be a misunderstanding -I guess we're talking here about the tandem-HEAT round which does exist. I'll have to look into my old correspondence with Siddhi, a former poster on this forum, whose information was more credible on the subject than anyone else's so far.
Given that it was "Siddhi" who wrote in post #491356 that........ "In 2004 a "Tandem-SABOT" was developed that reportedly allows up to 1,000mm penetration........". IDK how that could be a "misunderstanding". It's clear he wrote "Tandem-SABOT" not "tandem-HEAT"

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

I know what he wrote, and there must be the mistake, as in our private conversations he wrote HEAT. All I can tell you is that he must have mixed up Sabot and HEAT. I can't really imagine how a tandem-SABOT should work anyways. ---
See
http://www.doppeladler.com/oebh/kuerassier.htm or http://www.kotsch88.de/autolader.htm or http://www.waffenhq.de/panzer/kuerassier.html for reference.
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:49 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Shan said:
I know what he wrote,

Fine, When you sort it out let us know

Don