.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 28th, 2010, 06:53 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: YARG2 , 24 players EA RAND game [full, nations assigned, test your builds!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedDog View Post
Calahan
I browsed the map a little, and noticed: 272 connects 16, 252 connects 205 they are not supposed to be connected in original map. You never mentioned you made this changes, and I see no logical explanation why they are there, so I decided it's a mistake.
If I spot anything else I'll let you know.
Good eyes WingedDog and many thanks for spotting this error. And since those two connections are indeed a mistake. And since they are not vanilla connections, they must be a mistake I added?!? Wonder if I can get away with blaming Ballbarian's Map Forge program

Attached is version 0.8 of the map corrected for the above errors. Now named "Alexander_No_Sites_for_YARG2_v08"

I'm out most of the day today, but hope to find an hour or two near the end to sort out the map visuals. Keep you all posted. And please everyone, follow WingedDog's lead and report any errors you find

@ WraithL - Might be worth you giving a rough ETA on when the game is starting (and hence Pretender deadline). Two Bits has said he's away from Monday-Wednesday, so be a bit tough on him design wise if we start too soon. Plus I still need to sort a few of the map issues out before I'm happy with it (and sort my own Pretender design out). Maybe an idea to look to start sometime next weekend. A start next Saturday or Sunday would give a week for design, and that's usually a good amount of time for designing (as some are probably only just finding out today what nation they have).

Also, maybe a note in the OP regarding what happens if you break the rules of a RAND game. ie. Zero tolerance. Since I remember we had one early incident in YARG1 of someone communicating, so probably a good idea to clarify what happens if anyone attempts that again here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Alexander_No_Sites_for_YARG2_v08.zip (4.8 KB, 88 views)
Old March 28th, 2010, 08:10 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: YARG2 , 24 players EA RAND game [full, nations assigned, test your builds!]

Vote on VPs. Options are 9,10 or 11. Deadline this evening 21:00 GMT.

So far:
9: 2
10: 3
11: 2

Calahan: Good suggestions. Let's aim to start Sunday 4/4. I'll also update OP.
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:05 AM

Sergeant

Kheldron is on a distinguished road

10 VPs for me
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

Stagger Lee is on a distinguished road

10 sounds right to me.
Old March 28th, 2010, 03:05 PM

Corporal

Agusti is on a distinguished road

10 too
Old March 28th, 2010, 03:08 PM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road

11 VPs
Old March 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM

General

Vote on VPs. Options are 9,10 or 11. Results:
9: 2
10: 6
11: 3

10 VPs it is.
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:30 PM

BANNED USER

Quick map update - My available free time hasn't exactly gone to plan over the last two days, but hope to get the map finished before the weekend so that the game can be created for Pretender uploads well before the scheduled start on Sunday 4th April. (Since I think it's only the map that is being waited on for game creation now that the number of VP's has been decided upon)
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:26 AM

General

Thank you Calahan. Indeed, once the map is ready I'll setup the game on the server.
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:25 PM

BANNED USER

@ All

Attached is version 0.9 of the map. I have now done all the essential visual changes like adding rivers and re-arranging the province borders to match the changes to the connections I've made. I may yet make some more visual alterations to the map for the final version. This will happen if I get time to play test the map a lot more than I have done, and maybe balance the starts a bit more for income, resources etc. by adding grasslands or forests. Plus I may add a forest or two as I mentioned before to make up for all the forests being lost with forest starts.

The additions to the change-log are.......

New Land Connections

164 - 187 --- To ensure four adjoining for capital at 164.

Removed Land Connections

75 - 97 --- Removed connection to match the new visuals in that area.
182 - 170 -- Removed connection to match the new visuals in that area.

As usual, please let me know asap if you spot any errors. Be they visual or map this time

There are two files attached. The small download is the .map file that you need for the connection changes, and the large file is the .tga file which you need to see the visual changes to the map. If you are not that interested in play testing the map, then you can wait to download the .tga file until nearer the start time (save having to download a large file twice). I'll also get WraithLord to attach everything to the OP once I finish the final version.

TTFN

@ WraithLord - Give me another 48 hours to finish up the map completely. But if I don't get it done by say 18:00 Friday GMT, then go ahead and create the game using the map I've attached to this post if you like. I've mostly finished it, but as I said above, maybe one or two of the starts can be tweaked a bit for income/resource balance. Doubt it'll make a huge difference, but will look at it if I get time over the next two days.

Also, I'm not sure exactly what parts of the map need to be uploaded to the llamaserver. I'd guess the .map file for definite, but not sure about the .tga file though. Although I'm sure someone with far more map knowledge than me will be able to provide the answers to this
Attached Files
File Type: zip Alexander_No_Sites_for_YARG2_v09.zip (4.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: zip AlexanderTGA.zip (21.16 MB, 79 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calahan For This Useful Post: