Thread: Siege Units
View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2006, 05:34 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Siege Units

Quote:
NTJedi said:
Yes of course [siege engines]äd be useless on the battlefield... their whole purpose is to storm the castle more quickly. The reason for their appearance on the battlefield is so that people trying to break the siege can destroy siege units.

Not just boulders perhaps flaming boulders as well or perhaps it can toss an animal which spreads disease. Different catapults for different nations as well.

Yes but those are all units with two feet also siege units such as battering rams, catapults, and siege towers were used on castles in history... I see no reason they can't be used on castles within Dominions which takes many units from history.
It is quite hard to be able to destroy siege engines on the battlefield, without new commands that would be added in. Killing specialized commanders is easier, with assassination already in the game.

Flaming boulders (burning stone? ) would be directed to the defenders, as the disease-corpses. That wouldn't work well, unless you actually wanted to be able to slowly kill the defenders without actual battle.

And, do you really except the Siege Engineers personally walk next to the castle, and pound the wall to dust? I think the actual engineering part is hidden, but I don't mind that, personally.