View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:13 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: About prices

Quote:
Varjostin said:
Hello people.

I'm an old school Dom PPP player and became interested in Dominions 3. I have followed the conversation here in secrecy (buahaha) and decided to join the forums. Hope you will stand me. Ok, lets move onto the matter.
I have seen many here critizing the preorder price of Dom 3. I don't know how it's for Americans but here in Europe it isn't so costy to buy. Ok, I have to admit the general level of prices differ greatly in Europe, but my main point is that currency exchange rate between dollar and euro is benefiting european buyers. I paid about 41 euros for the game with transport costs.(Discount?) Now the price in euros is 43.50 with transport expenses which is below the price of a normal game. However, I'm not absolutely sure, because Finland has one of the highest price levels in Europe. Gasp.
A-ha! Another Finn joins our merry group of addicted gamers.

I agree with both Varjostin and PDF: the game isn't that expensive, especially with the pre-order discount, and I wouldn't pay extra to get any crap with the game. Most collectors' editions are much more expensive than the normal versions, and the extra stuff just takes up extra space.

We also get paper manual, AFAIK, and that is becoming kind of rare these days.

Varjostin, have you tried out DomII at all? You might want to adjust a little to the user interface, because the change from Dom:PPP to DomII was much bigger than it seems to be from DomII to Dom!!!.