Old August 24th, 2006, 01:40 PM

Major

KissBlade is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to successfully utilize your \"Dominion Wal

Quote:
Graeme Dice said:
Quote:
KissBlade said:
If I'm using designs such as Dragon or similar low dominion pretender, the extra points are vastly more than 42 to go from 3 to 6.
That's one of the reasons you don't use dragons in the unmodded game. The other is that a wyrm is a better combat pretender, and starts with higher dominion.

Quote:
Setting up a straw man for my argument is rather annoying, to say the least. Six is not a high dominion. A dominion of six will not overwhelm my provinces.
Yes, a dominion strength of 6 will overwhelm your provinces when I have 20 temples and your temples only work at a dominion strength of 3.

Quote:
Had they spent like something to dominion eight, I'm pretty sure the 80 odd points would tilt things in my favor instead.
How so? You'd still have the ghost king that's capable of dealing singlehandedly with your armies, only he'll start with less extraneous magic.
Actually dragons in the modded game starts with only dominion 1 as well.

And 20 temples = 4000 gold, if you spent 4000 gold on temples, not only is your dominion going to be higher than six, you'll be massively underfunded in battle mages of which I will use to raze all 20 of those temples to the ground.

As for the Ghost King, yes he's a good pretender chassis for combat but there are many ways to counter him even early game. Dust to Dust, my own pretender, or even plain just raiding where he's not. Furthermore I attempted to make the Ghost King you mentioned and came up several points short.