View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2008, 09:17 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Galaxy at war - Ulm vs Ulm - NEW,ACTUALLY PLAYABLE

Well things are moving fast.. V0.40 will have MUCH MUCH more than only some indie pirates... they will also have ENSLAVED PIRATES.
ENSLAVED PIRATES?? Who enslaves in dominions 3... can it be...
YES, R'lyeh is back, and in space
so a 2nd race will be coming in the next version of this mod

Why R'lyeh as 2nd race you might ask (or not, I'm talking anyway): Well sprites are the limiting factor in all this work and since I already had sprites for the indie pirates (and the indie aliens) I though why not make those Illithid slaves.. fits the lore perfectly it's what Illithid do in their weekends (and the rest of the week).. and I figured the Illithid wouldn't change much just because they are taking over a galaxy.. so those sprites where also easy to get.

Once I get the Illithid mindblast artillery working (don't ask) the race will be put on the market. (For the fans: yes they will have a void gate.)

So next patch real 1 vs 1 games with 2 completely different nations can be played on the beautifull solar system map.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.