View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:29 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Helheim dirty tactic

I'm doing hellheim is SP now, and since this is the only thread in the strat index about them (no guide .. would be nice) I'm asking a question/placing a remark here.

I agree the sacreds and the sacred commanders are VERY nice and a dual bless works wonders.

There are 2 problems I encountered though

1. Hellheim has no decent researchers/combat magicians outside the capitol

2. small armies of sacreds can't siege castles.

The 2nd one is dealt with relatively easily (though a bit of a hassle) by recruiting indies and indie commanders naturally but the first point is kinda annoying. I create about 1 hangadrott and 1 swartalf every 2 turns and the swartald the researches. But that doesn't leave much for combat and later in the game it kinda sucks for research too.

Last point: what magic is best used on the battle field with just the regular paths commanders have. (the specialized and taking a lot of organizing heavy hitting magic tactics above are nice and I'll use them but I need my regulars to do stuff too )

I see the D2 skelleton raising for the hellheim commanders, if needed shadow blast too and bladewind for E3 swartalfs (the only ones I send to combat really, the rest had to research.) THey can buff nicely too.
For F1 swartalfs magmabolts might be used but I think they might be better of researching then

A2 doesn't give that nice spells for the vans (probably better of going in melee with a W9/F9 bless) except personal buffs

what other spells can you pplz advice?

(and in that same line, which research goals.)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.