ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old November 22nd, 2005, 11:48 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road
Default Units Costs

I have been playing battles with France and Libya in 2005. Each battle I picked a couple of French Legionnaire platoons and noticed that I was vastly outnumbered each game. Sometime the Libyans had 40mm Bofors as well!

I looked into it and noticed that a French squad of 10 men costs 20 points, whereas a Libyan squad also of 10 men costs only half that. Is there a reason why 10 men with rifle and support weapons would cost double for the French than the Libyans? I could see that if we are talking about LeClercs vs T72s, but not so much with just a squad and rifles.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 01:22 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Units Costs

Quote:
cbreedon said:
I have been playing battles with France and Libya in 2005. Each battle I picked a couple of French Legionnaire platoons and noticed that I was vastly outnumbered each game. Sometime the Libyans had 40mm Bofors as well!

I looked into it and noticed that a French squad of 10 men costs 20 points, whereas a Libyan squad also of 10 men costs only half that. Is there a reason why 10 men with rifle and support weapons would cost double for the French than the Libyans? I could see that if we are talking about LeClercs vs T72s, but not so much with just a squad and rifles.
Base experience is what determines cost, and legion troops are elite so have boosted morale and experience levels over line French units, as you will see at the top of the purchase screen in the experience and morale mod fields, whereas the Libyans will be working off a lower base experience and morale, hence cheaper, and the AI pick may have bought some people's milita which have reduced values.

Also - check out the equipment, if the French unit has decent AT weapons then these will up the cost, whereas if the libyan sections do not have these, or only 2-3 rounds of RPG and the legionaries have 8 or so etc. Check vision ratings, as vision costs, and also fire control etc (if your legion troops have scouts, snipers etc). Any size 0 units you have will cost more - scouts, snipers, inf-AT etc. Legionary troops I think cost more (hand to hand bonus in melee), like guards and commandos and paras etc.

What type of battle are you playing? - he will have more points if attacking you.

It is not simply a case of " a squad with rifles".

Cheers
Andy
Old November 23rd, 2005, 05:02 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Heh, a platoon of top-end elite units may cost more than some older MBT.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 01:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,499 Times in 2,715 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Yes, they will and they are more capable than the older MBT's as well. A top of the line UK commando scout with 40 vision has a base cost of 101 points which is comparable in price to a 1960 Centurion Mk5/1 ( 105 points )

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old November 23rd, 2005, 05:37 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

I am playing a meeting engagement. The legionnaires do have moral and experience of 15 and the Libyan regulars don't. I think the French vision was 10?

But the 2 or 3 to 1 that I am facing is almost unmanageable. I shoot, kill one or two guys and get pounded from every direction in reaction fire.

The legionnaires are better but not 2 or 3 times better. I guess the solution is to manage the points for the libyans.

Are you able to tell the computer how many points to use when setting up a campaign? i.e. the Libyans get 300 points as a core?