.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old May 20th, 2001, 02:23 PM

Default TDM-Modpack politics in really big game

In my really big game it is now turn 10. I have met the Rage and they immediately turned Murderous declaring war. Is that normal ?

The Cue Cappa accepted my gift of resources 4000/3000/3000 with trade treaty then cancelled two turns later. Maybe it is because I planted a colony on a sphere world in one of their home systems. I am not claiming systems as I colonize so the attack location thing should not be the problem, or is it ?

At turn 10 I have a trade treaty with Krill, Narn, Sergetti, Toron, UkraTal, and Xichung. Contact but no treaty with Cue Cappa (see above), Drushocka, and Sallegra and of course the Rage. So @10 I have met half the races, about what I expected.

I am #14 of 20 with 18 systems 28 colonies. Next up is Sergetti at 5/18 unless one of the no treaties has more.... The Xichung have 48 ships ! I am colonizing only sphere worlds and each colony gets a space yard station to build mines at 3/turn (six when I get yard III). I will move my population using light cruisers which also have three mine launch bays in case they meet an enemy. I can build one every two turns and not significantly reduce my 4000m populaion per homeworld, then scrap at the destination rather than returning home. This way I populate worlds and stop wasting my high reprodution rate....
Old May 20th, 2001, 06:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

Marty Ward is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TDM-Modpack politics in really big game

There seem to be some races that are pissed off as soon as they meet you. I think the Rage is one of them. I have never had a game where they were friendly, cool is the best I've seen I think.
Old May 20th, 2001, 09:37 PM

Captain

Alpha Kodiak is on a distinguished road

So, you met the "You breathe? We will fix that NOW." Rage Collective. About the only time they will be friendly is if they are already in at least one, and more likely, two wars. The Rage were created as a weapon system by some long dead race. They seem to have gotten a little out of control, and are now trying to rid the galaxy of all intelligent (or not so intelligent) life.

Ursoids of the Galaxy, unite!
Old May 20th, 2001, 10:23 PM

National Security Advisor

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road

You should check, because think you automaticlly claim systems that you colonize. Also, your nearby colonies are considered attack locations.. even if you are an ally at the time. (*cough* backstab *cough*)

Phoenix-D

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger
Old May 20th, 2001, 11:10 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

quote:
You should check, because think you automaticlly claim systems that you colonize.
There's a toggle for this in Empire Options; the default setting is claim them.

------------------
Cap'n Q

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the
human mind to correlate all of its contents. We live on a placid
island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was
not meant that we should go far. -- HP Lovecraft

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old May 20th, 2001, 11:11 PM

Sergeant

jc173 is on a distinguished road

quote:
Originally posted by LCC:
In my really big game it is now turn 10. I have met the Rage and they immediately turned Murderous declaring war. Is that normal ?

Yes, unless you are a much more powerful empire when you meet them, the Rage pretty much automatically declare war. They're a pretty psychotic race. Kind of like Skynet leading the Berserkers.

quote:

The Cue Cappa accepted my gift of resources 4000/3000/3000 with trade treaty then cancelled two turns later. Maybe it is because I planted a colony on a sphere world in one of their home systems. I am not claiming systems as I colonize so the attack location thing should not be the problem, or is it ?

Not sure, I think the AI will that a threat anyhow. At least I've seen them attack my colonies like that previously, even though the system itself wasn't contested on the border display map.