War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old September 20th, 2008, 11:30 AM

Private

shilka77 is on a distinguished road
Default Long lost tactical manual

Hi

Years ago before WINSPMBT there was a very detailed tactical manual to be found out there with details how to use different units and how to put a army together. I am now looking for that manual where they described everything from different units and the usage of them to the built up of an army with reserves and everything. I now need help to find this document and all help is very much appreciated.
Old September 20th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Long lost tactical manual

Is this a Steel Panthers tac manual or a general warfare tac manual?

If it's Steel Panthers I'd be willing to bet its a SPWAW manual. SPWAW is sort of it's own little world. And to me it's still an incomplete game because Steel Panthers:Modern Warfare was NEVER completed.
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:09 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirmisher View Post

If it's Steel Panthers I'd be willing to bet its a SPWAW manual. SPWAW is sort of it's own little world. And to me it's still an incomplete game because Steel Panthers:Modern Warfare was NEVER completed.
What if someone made one for winSPMBT?
OFFTOPIC:
TO&Es is really the place for looking for docs?
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:40 PM

Captain

Well in the first post he said years ago BEFORE WinSPMBT.
Sure one for winSPMBT would be great. I never heard of /saw one though.
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:50 PM

Private

Quote:
This manual was downloadable for Steel Panthers Main Battle Tank it had just not gone WIN at the time. The manual gave suggestions how to use different Unit types and everything. A very useful tool when playing PBMs, it described different units as well and their purpose. Gave suggestions how to put up a basic formation of troops for different scenarios it was great.

I found the SPWAW manual it was like that one but only it was for SPMBT

I guess if no bells goes off I just have to manage without it, I am a bit rusty.

Last edited by shilka77; September 20th, 2008 at 01:20 PM..
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

Is the one you are looking for called 'Maxters SPMBT Tips'?

I attached it.

Along with a couple of other guides, it can be found here:

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boar....php?tid=41293
Attached Files
File Type: zip Matxers SPMBT Tips v1.zip (16.7 KB, 387 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:26 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
Is the one you are looking for called 'Maxters SPMBT Tips'?

I attached it.

Along with a couple of other guides, it can be found here:

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boar....php?tid=41293
Guide, cool lemme check this
Old September 20th, 2008, 05:29 PM

Private

Wow this was even better then the one I was looking for

Thank you Cross you are a life saver!
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:25 PM

Captain

It's worth noteing that this guide was written for version 3.5

I have to totally disagree with the authors perception of helocopters.
If used in quantity helo attacks are devestating. I played one opponent in particular that used a huge quantity of airmobile troops backed up with gunships. Basically they just bleed out the air defense and then overwelmed the ground troops.
Then in the next game we played I knew he was going to play the same way, I spent like 40% purchase on those Russian tunguska anti air units,the ones with guns and sam's. The air defense completely slaughtered his advance. He kept attacking ,expecting the air to eventualy get bled out, but there were so many anti air units that never happened.

Last edited by Skirmisher; September 20th, 2008 at 08:31 PM..
Old September 21st, 2008, 12:54 PM

Private

Yes I have noticed the crushing effects of Apache gunship’s I play a lot of "bad-guys" nations in what IF scenarios and I tried to be Saddam Hussein there and attack the Gulf States, Saudi Arabia and as Pre-emptive Turkey (Sep 2001- March 2003)but hell those gunship’s even with 30% anti-air they took out tank after tank and this was against the AI in a Generated Campaign. I do not want to know what would have happened if a Player had replaced the AI. That would be slaughter. The computer picks for the AI a lot of Gunships if they have any and massive amounts of ATGMs and IF you get an air strike it is like trying to fly in over Baghdad again with an A-10 during 1991 war only with a twist as it is Tactical and not Strategic warfare.

The gunships duck everything but as I read earlier in some thread AAA is the best to use against helicopters and air units, they are the best, as SAM's can't be simulated efficient enough with this game engine. I know what a well-established AAA and SAM network does in real life I was playing with it when I was in the armed forces. The 30% I had invested would never Irl been as ineffective as it was in WINSPMBT.

I got frustrated again when the maximum units for Generated Campaigns was still only 201 at its tops. Hard to get every element in there without loosing something and the prices for equipment outside the west that had something that could affect its supreme units was horrifying. I tried to play the Russians and even if they had stuff that could do some harm it was dead end expensive so I gave up almost immediately with playing the Russians the same goes for all the other Eastern stuff. Anything to have was super expensive and didn’t have a chance if put up against the West. This version is not a version where you want to be on the wrong side of “good vs bad” as the game clearly is not made to be played as bad-boys. I also noticed that the shilka system had gotten a new name and all only that its not only the name and the sights that was improved, the old steel chassi and body has also gotten improvments to the happiness of its crew they do not have to worry about 12,7mm rounds anymore.

I noticed, not many nations in this new version have anything to put up against the big three. US, UK, France. The MBT's main guns in other smaller nations are completely left in the cold-war era it seems. As most nations after 1991 Gulf War 1 started to see the importance with Day and Night/Sights and replaced steel propelled warheads as madmen with more recent BK-27 HEAT rounds that have a triple-shaped charge warhead and increased penetration against conventional reactive armor and Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA) this included the the BK-29 round a hard penetrator in the nose designed for use against reactive armor, and as a multi-purpose (MP) round has fragmentation effects.

I was shocked when I saw that nothing at 1000 meters should be able to penetrate the basic M1 Abrams in this new version. Not much left for a bad-guy player to do in this game it seems, as even RPG-7Vs had been taken out of the inventory for the Iraqi Republican Guard in this new version, one can only hope that consideration to the post-gulf-war re-armament is taken into consideration the next time WINSPMBT is released in a new version cause it makes no challenge to play west side now days. I guess I could play with the OBBs but then I would not be able to play PBM’s with my lill brother and that would suck. Lol

All in all from being an 8 of 10 possible WINSPMBT V.4.0 is down on a steady 5 pointer.

Thanks for finding the manual

Last edited by shilka77; September 21st, 2008 at 12:57 PM..