.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 21st, 2004, 03:17 PM

Corporal

Minrhael is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about globals

About global enchantments:

1) Is there a greater chance that if you cast a global enchantment (hereafter: spell) when the box is full with 5 already that you dispel your own over another nations? 3 times in a row with my having one spell and others having 4 I dispelled my own spell putting up a new one. And I can guarantee that other than the first time, the spell I had up already was cast with far more gems than the computers, it simply didn't have the gem income to put up 300 gem spells at the time that it cast them (or ever for that matter).

2) I thought I read something about this but I couldn't find it: There were 5 spells up including one of mine and a BoT. I killed the caster of the BoT. BoT went down. There were 4 spells in the box. Next turn I cast a spell. Rather than taking the empty 5th slot, it dispelled my own spell (thanks!). The turn after this, the computer cast a spell and used the 5th slot. Explain! Is there a delay or something before you can use that slot?

3) I had two spells up, Vanheim had three, including Wrath of God. It then proceeded to cast Wrath of God again, dispelling it's own. Why?

4) Not globals, but: is there any chance of getting the AI to understand that once my spellcasters have cast Arrow Fend, Wind Guide, and Mass Protection, they don't need to be cast 2 or 3 more times in a long battle? Gem conservation dang it!