.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 9th, 2004, 12:59 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road
Default PBEM game \"Not Stupid But Slow\": Running

The settings for this game are currently as follow:

- A PBEM game hosted by myself (not TCP/IP)
- Turnaround is set to 48 hours, and will run every 24 hours if everyone gets their files in before this moment. The turns should more or less run at the same hour of the day (as much as real life and Murphy's laws will allow).
- Independent Strength: 9 (as asked by En Forcer)
- Magic Research: Very Difficult
- Magic site frequency: 50
- Map: Karan
- 2.13 Version
- All else set as default

The current players are:
- Blofeld: Marignon
- Boron: Ermoria
- Cainehill: Jotunheim
- Deccan: Man
- Enforcer: Pangaea
- Graeme Dice: Pythium
- Ighalli: Abysia
- Vicious Love: Atlantis
- Yellow Cactus: Ulm
- Myself: Arcoscephale

Quote:
The original message was:
Would anyone be interested in a game featuring a very hard magic research? The tentative settings would be as follow:

- A very hard research cost (duh!).
- Likely standard magic sites frequency (50) and independent strength (6).
- As many players as will fit, if possible. Ten or twelve would be a more reasonable figure though (and more likely to happen I guess).
- The map will depend on the number of players; suggestions would be appreciated regarding the choice of the map.
- The turn duration would be either of 24 hours early on, switched to 48 hours once the game grows bigger, or 48 hours right from the start. Quickhost would probably be disabled so that the turns will run at a fixed time.
- Lastly, I will only claim my nation once several players have already done so (or, if we only have a few players, I will pick my nation Last). This rule stands even if I am no longer host for this game.

There remain the matter of hosting the game as well; Mosehansen has reached its limit, and I do not know about any other similar server. If all players are fine with it, I do not mind doing this game in a PBEM way.

If you are interested, please do post in this thread. If the very thought of playing in this game makes you faint, what part of the settings bother you? With the exception of the research setting (which may or may not be popular enough to warrant creating a game built around it; we shall see), none of the settings is written in stone.