The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 18th, 2005, 07:35 PM

Corporal

Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default Preachin the word!

Okay, I don't know if this is the spot for this post (I cringe at the absence of other posts). If it doesn't belong here, please chastise me appropriately and move the post.

After reading "Sarge's" blog, I've been thinking. I know that times are changing in the industry, it's kinda hard to miss, but I sure hope Shrapnel sticks around for a loooog time. I stumbled on the site by accident a while back and I was blown away. A lot of things that I was merely "wishing" for in PC games is right here. The ability to modify, have more options and things to do in a game, and in general a top notch class "A" finish has made me a regular visitor to the Shrapnel site. It was extremely refreshing to see games where I could do things that in other games prior I'd think to myself, "boy it'd be cool if I could do x, y, or z". True, the quality niche games found here don't have bleeding edge technology that would require a $5,000 system. But the multi-media aspects of these gems are more than just "decent" (imho).

Since then I constantly "preach" Shrapnel's games to my co-workers and friends. A lot of my friends are like myself and remember games that put game play came first and foremost--and we certainly feel that Shrapnel products recapture that feeling and emphasis. True, a couple of my buddies balked at the first glance as they were hung up on the whole "it doesn't use 7.1 surround sound with motion capture!!! But after a few minutes playing some of the games, they were hooked too. So, hopefully Shrapnel is around for a very long time to come, and I'll keep plugging it to fellow gamers when I have the chance.