winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:25 PM

Private

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Interface: How to Get Summary Info

I would like to get a snapshot view of my overall fleet (and the enemies). How many CV's do I have vs them? How many Transports? I can wheedle this info from clicking on all the bases, scrolling the task forces and doing the math, but my mouse finger gets tired. It would be nice to get a snapshot of my forces, where they located, what's their status, what's their health, same for the enemy.

I realize this "lack" may be part of the game: as Admiral, you should keep track of TF-6 and its health in Borneo, and know what's in TF-12 off the Aleutians, not to mention how many CV's the enemy has at some home port. It's all there, if you click and scroll enough. But it would spare the tired mouse finger and brain cells (such is the price of war), if a snapshot were available.

The same for ship losses. Yes, I can click and scroll the reports (do the math) to see my losses vs the enemy, but wouldn't it be nice to see that the score is: 2 to 1: Kaga, Hiryu vs Hornet?

Did I miss something in the manuel? Is this a possible enhancement/update?

As an old AH VITP player, I've been looking forward to this game a looooong time. It's great. I'm looking for this simulation to replicate alot that the cardboard environment offered. For instance, can you name Task Force (beside Strike Force) into things like the Fast BC Fleet (the revered Kongo class 4-3-6's), the Can-Take-A-Punch CA's (the 1-2-7's)?