The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 11th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Private

montieth is on a distinguished road
Default Recovery vehicles? (Or where's my Scammel?)

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a WWII brit armoured car collector and I've played around abit with forces. The first long game I ran were with modified TO&Es/Staff Tables to reflect a Recce Regiment (well a re-enforced squadron) and I managed to get several of my carriers stuck with mobility failures. I've driven a carrier and I know the problems they can have and I've worked on the tracks an such.

How can you get vehicles unstuck? OR is that just impossible? Is there no recovery capability? Perhaps a vehicle CAN be recovered but remains damaged? Can a vehicle not un-stick itself? I HAVE managed to get a 4 ton armoured car stuck down to the hubs and unstuck all by myself. Had I a crew or a second armoured car to assist, I could have effected the recovery in a few moments with no damage. AS it was, it took several hours of jacking and digging by my personal self. Adding 2-3 people makes such tasks go FAR faster.

A Light Aid Detachment from the REME's is standard in a Recce Regiment so one could call up on the wirelss with a Bluebell request (Bluebell is the REME code sign on the wireless) and get a friendly visit from the attached REMEs to help extract your Armoured Car or Carrier with a dedicated recovery truck. In the light role, this would be a Scammel Pioneer.

Is this just something that needs to be added in carry capability or something else more deep within the code of the game that cannot easily be addressed?

Ryan Gill
Owner Humber Armoured Car
Daimler Ferret Armoured car
M35 2.5 ton truck
Former owner of a Daimler Dingo