winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26th, 2013, 08:10 AM

Private

Tim James is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion: borderless windowed mode

Have you, the developers, considered this as a way to render the game fullscreen but still in windowed mode?

We could do it ourselves if we had more control over the window size. Is there a technical reason why the game only supports a limited set of resolution widths, and the desktop mode is locked to a certain size that it determines at startup?

If we were able to create a custom resolution, we could create an oversized window. For example, I'd like to configure the game to display 1920x1200 pixels, PLUS the normal Windows title bar and borders. The full window would not fit completely on my 1920x1200 monitor. But I could use a utility like ShiftWindow to automatically move that oversized window so the upper left pixel of the game was in the upper left pixel of my screen. The Windows title bar and borders would be off my screen at that point. But that's okay because I can still alt-tab or exit the game normally. This also draws over the taskbar. The game looks full screen but is rendered in a window.

Unless something prevents this implementation, I think it's the way forward to create a fullscreen look with the more robust windowed mode. You'd still need fullscreen mode for people who want to use a lower resolution and let their graphics card scale it up to fit the monitor. This would work best for people who play windowed mode at the desktop resolution.