The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:55 PM

Sergeant

Iansidious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Attack of the Ankle-Biters - Replacment player needed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Slynky:
quote:
Originally posted by Iansidious:
The end of the line for me in ankle-biters. It seems to me that I have a huge target on back! I would be easier to take down because of my small size. Anyway I got the Hand to surrender to me. I thought I could bounce back but no. Everyone wants to fight for space and I can not keep up with so many wars! I also have other games I want to play and start. So in the end I have alot of fun tring to mess with everyone in someway . I have surrender to the one I thought deserved my surrender. DECCAN! . Rock on my friend!
Sorry it turned out that way, Iansidious. It's the nature of the multi-player game and I was one of those after you. It's also one of the reasons I don't like "free-for-all" multiplayer games so much (and one of the reasons I play alone a lot). I was in your place in Mediocrity.

Take care...see around .

Hey I did good for my first PBW game. I would have done the same thing to you if I had the chance . I'am more happy that I was not the first one out. Also I beat Sefter Aruna. With that I am happy. Alarikf, you do have some work to do. All those planets on the other side of the map I gave you just came from war before I got them. But you have alot to build with.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 06:02 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

AMF is on a distinguished road

On the other side of the map, huh? Well, we'll just have to call it Deccan West. Just kidding. We'll ensure that your people and ours receive the same rights, protections, and freedoms as we give ourselves. Your, uh, not at war with anyone right now are you?

Quote:
Alarikf, you do have some work to do. All those planets on the other side of the map I gave you just came from war before I got them. But you have alot to build with.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 06:20 PM

Colonel

Loser is on a distinguished road

So sorry to hear The Hand fell. I was pleased with their starting possition. So . . . who has them now?

How are they doing?

If you don't mind my asking, of course.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:36 PM

Sergeant

Iansidious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Loser:
So sorry to hear The Hand fell. I was pleased with their starting possition. So . . . who has them now?

How are they doing?

If you don't mind my asking, of course.
They surrendered to me a few turns ago. Then I surrendered to the Deccan empire. And Deccan I was at war with a lot of people but with you as a new leader you should be able to make peace with them.
Old June 4th, 2004, 01:03 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Wow! Now I really look forward to doing my next turn!

Quote:
I have surrender to the one I thought deserved my surrender. DECCAN! . Rock on my friend!
Old June 14th, 2004, 04:41 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

To all empires of the Ankle Quadrant,

Given the recent merging of the Ankle-Chompers Empire and Decca, we would like to issue a statement. It is our understanding that the Ankle-Chompers had been embroiled in conflict with other empires at the time that they and our peoples merged. Deccans are not a warlike people, and it is our desire to avoid any furtherance of these conflicts. WE urge all concerned parties (especially the Trithians, the AtomSmashers, and the Tesco Empire) to communicate with us so the we can all maintain the current peace. WE will be contacting each of you seperately...

Yours, Decca
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:55 PM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by alarikf:
To all empires of the Ankle Quadrant,

Given the recent merging of the Ankle-Chompers Empire and Decca, we would like to issue a statement. It is our understanding that the Ankle-Chompers had been embroiled in conflict with other empires at the time that they and our peoples merged. Deccans are not a warlike people, and it is our desire to avoid any furtherance of these conflicts. WE urge all concerned parties (especially the Trithians, the AtomSmashers, and the Tesco Empire) to communicate with us so the we can all maintain the current peace. WE will be contacting each of you seperately...

Yours, Decca
Having been a protectorate of ours and then "freed", your empire is safe from our warships. We extend this trust assuming you will stay free of our attacks on friendly empires of yours. To assist our targets after releasing you from our Protectorate would be the most dishonerable of sins. Yes, I know you are a peace-loving entity but you will need to choose honor instead of prospects...your allies will need to understand if you stand by and not choose sides as well...for you would not be in this position at all had we not given you a stay from certain destruction.

But, we would not have done so had not we believed in the integrity of your empire. Good luck to the Deccan Empire!
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:02 AM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road

We're averaging 6 turns a month (for a 48-hour game). Estimating 30 more turns (at least) for the game to come to some kind of closure, that is nearly half a year.

Have too many people lost interest? Why is this game perpetually 3 days over the time limit? I know people have gone on vacations and such but it's been this way since April.

My turn is long enough to do as it is without having to refresh myself on events everytime I do a turn. Could we make more of an effort to get turns in on time, please?
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

Joachim is on a distinguished road

Agreed. What about auto turns?
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:24 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

I think we should go back to autoturns (and, FWIW, I beleive we'll need more than 30 more turns to come to closure)

thanks,

Alarik

Quote:
Originally posted by Joachim:
Agreed. What about auto turns?