This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 22nd, 2006, 03:00 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Death Rumors Have Been Over Exaggerated

The Star Trek Mod is far from dead... or at least I hope it is far from dead.

Here is some info on the most recent work I have done to the mod since its last update. I am working hard to try and improve the AI and make the mod far more challenging.

In this latest version I went ahead and made both Infantry and Troops a seperate racial trait. By doing this I can insure that each will be seperated and will not use the others components plus I can add new components to either one without worring about the other using them in illegal designs.

Quote:
Star Trek Mod v1.9.3.5

1. Changed Infantry is now its own Racial Trait (Free Tech to all players) Allows for seperation from troops
2. Changed Troops are now their own Racial Trait (Free Tech to all players) Allows for seperation from Infantry
3. Added Infantry Racial Trait (0 Cost)
4. Added Troop Racial Trait (0 Cost)
5. Added Infantry Component for Troops (Basically works like a squad of mounted infantry)

Star Trek Mod v1.9.3.4

1. Changed Fixed some description errors in Facilities file.
2. Changed Fixed some spelling errors in Components file
3. Changed Fixed some description errors in Component file

Star Trek Mod v1.9.3.3

1. Changed Made Weapons of Mass Destruction a Racial Trait costing 2500
2. Changed Added AI Bonus Racial Traits. (Free Tech to AI - AI use only)
3. Changed Modified the AI_Construction_Facilities file for all races

Star Trek Mod v1.9.3.2

1. Changed Modified Race Settings file
2. Added Several dozen more "Place Holders" to the Racial Trait file
3. Changed Reorganized the Racial Trait file slightly

Star Trek Mod v1.9.3.1

1. Changed Settings Planet Combat Defense Modifier from -200 to 50
2. Changed "Hero" Facilities to Racial Facilities (Too much work getting the Image Pack Updated)
3. Changed Made Repair Yards racial specific (Each race now have their own)
4. Changed Hero Facility Group to Military Infrastructure

Star Trek Mod v1.9.3 Deluxe Edition - **Will not work well with previous version's saved games.**

1. Added A few new Default Strategies
2. Added Penal Colony to Defualt Colony Types
3. Changed Lowered the KT cost for Bridge, Crew Quarters, Engineering, and Damage Control from 10 to 5kt each.
4. Added Ability Planet - Change Conditions to Deuterium Tank I - V
5. Added Ability Planet - Change Population Happiness to Ferengi Deuterium Tank I - V
6. Changed The name of Emissive Armor I - III to Reflective Armor I - III
7. Changed Turned off Armor ability for Armor I - III and Reflective Armor I - III
8. Added Ability Planet - Shield Generation to Reflective Armor I - III
9. Added Ability Modified Maintenance Cost to Reflective Armor I - III (2% increase)
10. Added Ability Modified Maintenance Cost to Scattering Armor I - III (10% increase)
11. Added Ability Modified Maitnenance Cost to all Racial Armor's (2% increase)
12. Removed Self-Destruct Device
13. Changed Command Computer - No longer functions as master computer but as an auxilary control.
14. Added Self-Destruct ability to Command Computer
15. Changed Shields are now broken down into vehicle types. Ship, Bases, Weapon Platforms, troops, fighters, drone
16. Added Light, Standard, and Heavy shield mounts to Mounts
17. Changed Shields now require use of Shield Mount in order to scale to size.
18. Removed Support Craft from Tech Area (not really required)
19. Removed Shuttle Bay
20. Removed Fighter Life Support
21. Changed Combined Fighter Life Support with Fighter Cockpit
22. Removed Sm Impulse Engines I - V
23. Changed Adv. Ship Construction to Engineering in Tech Area
24. Added Hanger Bay to Tech Area
25. Changed Hanger Bay I - III tech area requirement from Adv Ship Construction to Hanger Bay
26. Removed Neural Network from the components file (not used)
27. Changed Changed Fighter Cockpit Tonnage Space Taken to 1000 (For Scaling)
28. Added Fighter and Shuttle Control Mount to Mounts
29. Added Small Warp Mount and Fighter Engine Mount to Mounts
30. Changed Small Warp Engine and Fighter Engine now require mount to scale to size.
31. Changed Carrier Light Carrier, Carrier, and Heavy Carrier Tech Area requirement from Adv Ship Construction to Carrier
32. Added Carrier to Tech Area
33. Changed The size of all Fighters and Shuttles
34. Changed Revised the AI_Design_Creation file for all races
35. Added Resource Base and Resource Base Small to Vehicle Size file
36. Changed All Remote Mining components now require mount to size and can only be placed on specific sized vehicles.
37. Added Remote Mining Mount to Mounts
38. Changed All Remote Mining components now require Remote Mining
39. Added Remote Mining to Tech Area
40. Changed Resource Ship size from 530 to 1005.
41. Changed Taunt Tech to Borg Taunt Tech
42. Changed Borg Taunt Tech from Borg Racial Trait to Borg Taunt Tech racial trait.
43. Removed Null - Space Projector I - III
44. Changed Drones no longer require Drone Propulsion Mount
45. Removed Drone Propulsion Mount
46. Added AI Tag 03 to Supply Replicator I - III (Description Information)
47. Changed Fighter Cockpit to Control Cockpit
48. Changed EMC Cannon I - V Weapon Damage Type from Master Computers to Only Weapons (short range weapon)
49. Changed Tachyon Projection Cannon I - V Weapon Damage At Rng (is now stronger)
50. Changed Weapon Damage At Rng for Graviton Hellbore I - V (made stronger)
51. Changed Modified Weapons Destroyer I - IV. Now only works on Bases and Satellites and targets only ships and fighters
52. Added Modified Maintenance Cost of 100% to the Warrior Targeting System
53. Added Vechicle List Type Override (Ship\Base\WeapPlatform) to Warrior Targeting system
54. Changed Tonnage Structure of Warrior Targeting System from 5 to 15
55. Changed Scattering Armor I - III can only be used on Satellites and Drones now
56. Changed Redesigned Infantry weapon system for all races (One weapon type instead of two)
57. Changed Renamed all Group Names in Tech Area File
58. Changed Small, Medium, and Large Troops are now race specific (Each race has there own)
59. Changed Reorganized the Tech Area file slightly
60. Removed Breen Harvester I - III, Federation Particle Fountain I - III and Tholian Rad Extractor I - III
61. Removed Null - Space Weapons from Tech Area file
62. Removed Computer Virus I - III
63. Changed Advanced Replicator Technology in Tech Area file to Industrial Replicators
64. Changed Moved Supply Replicator I - III up in the components list
65. Removed Computer Combat from Tech Area file
66. Added Robotics to Tech Area file
67. Added Commerce to Tech Area file
68. Added Trade Center I - III to facilities
69. Added Fortress I - III to facilities
70 Changed Facilities are now divided by race (each race has their own)
71. Changed Redesigned entire facilities file in order to achieve better overall organization.
72 Added Expansion Project A and B to Tech Area file
73. Added Space Yard Expansion Project A and B to Facilities
72 Added Space Yard Expansion Facility A and B to Facilities
73 Removed 8472 Space Yard I - III (Not required)
74. Added Basic Technology to Tech Area file
75. Added Applied Science to Tech Area file
76. Removed All races Ship Capture tech from Tech Area file
77. Changed All races now share Ship Capture Technology (each has their own)
78. Removed All races Facility Technology form Tech Area file
79. Removed 8472 Organic Extration from Tech Area file
80. Removed 8472 Ship yards, Stellor Harnessing, and Shield Technology from Tech Area file
81. Removed Borg Shields and Computers from Tech Area file
82. Romved Tholian and Federation Mining technolongy from Tech Area file
83. Changed Construction Yard I - III now requires a mount to be placed upon a repair ship hull
84. Added Construction Yard and Repair Yard mounts to Mounts for both repair ship and all bases
85. Removed Repair ability from Construction Yard I - III
86. Added Repair Yard I - III
87. Changed All races now have their own bases
88. Changed All races now have their own carriers
89. Changed All races now have their own fighters and shuttles
90. Added All races now have their own resource and remote mining ships
91. Changed All races now have their own satellites
92. Changed All races now have their own mines
93. Changed All races now have their own weapon platforms
94. Changed All races now have their own drones
95. Removed Ferengi Cargo from Tech Area (Not required)
96. Removed Borg Repair (not required)
97. Removed Tholian Repair (not required)
98. Removed Point-Defense Phasers tech from Tech Area file
99. Removed Romulan Defense Weapons tech from Tech Area file
100. Changed Revamped Breen, Klingon, and Romulan cloaking - each have Lv I - V and each have a unique weakness
101. Removed Advanced Tachyon Sensors I - II (not required)
102. Added Gravitic Sensors to Tech Area
103. Added Temporal Sensors to Tech Area
104. Changed Hyper-Optic I - IV to Hyper Tachyon Sensors I - IV (Temporal Sensors to Lv5) - Romulan Weakness
105. Changed Gravitational Sensors I - IV to Gravitic Sensors I - IV (Gravitic Sensors to Lv5) - Klingon Weakness
106. Changed Tachyon Sensors I - III (EM Sensors to Lv4) - Breen weakness / Federation weakness
107. Added Warp Theory to Tech Area
108 Changed All "race" Energy Weapons are now just listed as Energy Weapons
109. Changed All "race" Enhanced Energy Weapons are now just listed asEnhanced Energy Weapons
110. Removed All "race" Energy Weapons from Tech Area file (not required)
111. Removed All "race" Enhanced Energy Weapons from Tech Area file (Not required)
112. Changed All "race" Torpedo Weapons are now just listed as Enhanced Torpedo Weapons
113. Changed All "race" Adv Torpedo Weapons are now just listed as Advanced Torpedo Weapons
114. Removed All "race" Torpedo Weapon Weapons from Tech Area file
115. Removed All "race" Adv. Torpedo Weapons from Tech Area file
116. Changed Now both space yards and repair yards (components) are race specific
117. Changed Reworked the entire Facility file
118. Changed Adding AI Tags to various Facilities in the Facility file
119. Added Hero's to Facility File (Requires Update of Facility Pack) (Included with Mod this version only)
120. Updated Mod Info files

Star Trek Mod v1.9.2.9 Deluxe Edition (Added AI tags to most need components and weapons in order to help the AI to better manage its designs.)

1. Added AI Tag Descriptions to all Design Creation files.
2 Added Destroyed On Use and Emergency Supply Ability to Ferengi Deuterium Tank I - V
3. Changed Adjusted Min/Org/Rad cost for Ferengi Deuterium Tank I - V
4. Changed Lowered Min/Org/Rad cost for Deuterium Tank I - III
5. Changed Made Shields I - X unique to each race.
6. Changed Adjusted Min/Org/Rad cost for Shields I - X
7. Changed Ability amounts for Bio Electric Field I - X
8. Added AI Tag 11 to Bio Electric Field I - X
9. Added AI Tag 11 to Borg Regenerative Shields I - V
10. Removed Ability to Luanch Recover fighters from Heavy Fighter
11. Changed Increased build ability for 8472 Organic Space Yard I - III
12. Changed Increased build ability for Space Yard I - III
13 Added "Low gravity improves construction time." to Space Yard I - III and 8472 Organic Space Yard I - III
14. Changed Tonnage Structure for Warrior Targeting System from 10 to 5
15. Changed Lowered Tonnage Space Taken for Borg Neural Net from 10 to 5
16. Added AI Tag 12 to ECM I - V
17. Added AI Tag 13 to Combat Sensors I - V
18. Added AI Tag 14 to all Sensor Arrays I - III
19. Changed EBM Marker Roman Numeral from 3 to 0
20. Changed Phased Energy Cannon I - V Weapon Target from Ships\Planets\Ftr\Sat\Drone to Ships\Planets
21. Added AI Tag 15 to Enhanced Fusion Beam
22. Changed Weapon Target for Borg Transporter Ships\Planets\Ftr\Sat\Drone to Ships
23 Changed Borg Compressor Beam I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from -5% to +5%
24. Changed Breen Ripper Beam I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from 0 to +5%
25. Changed Cardassian Disruptor I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from -5% to +5%
26. Changed Federation Phaser I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from +10% to +6%
27. Changed Ferengi Anti-Proton I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from +2% to +5%
28. Changed General Race Disruptor I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from -5% to +5%
29. Changed Klingon Disruptor I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from -5% to +5%
30. Changed Pirate Disruptor I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from -5% to +5%
31. Changed Romulan Disruptor I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from -5% to +5%
32. Changed Tholian Disruptor I - X Accuracy Bonus (Weapon Modifier) from -5% to +5%
33. Changed Missile Weapon Marker Roman Numeral from 3 to 0
34. Fixed Weapons Damage / Range error in all races Pulse Weapons VI - IX
35. Changed Torpedo Weapons Marker Roman Numeral from 3 to 0
36. Added AI Tag 16 to all races Pulse Weapons
37. Added AI Tag 17 to Neural Disruptors, Plasma Project, Neural Disruptor, all race Neutrino Beams
38. Added AI Tag 18 to Point Singularity Beam, Gravimetric Charge, Plasma Cannon, Spiral Wave Disruptor, Phased Polaron Cannon, Precussion Phaser, Isokinetic Cannon, Compressed Disruptor Cannon, Ion Cannon, Compressed Disruptor Cannon, Compressed Plasma Cannon, Energy Ribbon
39. Added AI Tag 19 to Compressed Biokinetic Charge, Compression Gravimetric Charge, Compression Plasma Disruptor, Enhanced Compression Beam, Phased Polaron Beam, Compression Phaser, Isokinetic Burst, Charged Disruptor Beam, Neutrino Disruptor, Disruptor Beam, Plasma Protector, Cascade Energy Ribbon
40. Added AI Tag 20 to Breen Energy Dampener, Federation Phaser Cannon, Pirate Shield Depleter
41. Added Ability Warp Point - Turbulence Borg Shield Depleter, Pirate Shield Depleter
42 Added Ability Star - Unstable to Borg Tractor Beam, Pirate Tractor Beam, 8472 Quantum Singularity Beam
43 Added Ability Spaceport to Pirate Transporter, Borg Transporter
44. Added Ability Supply Generation to Photon Torpedo
45. Changed Set all Captain Components Tonnage Space Taken from 5 to 0 except Combat Plexus I - II
46. Changed Min/Org/Rad cost for all captains to 50/100/50
47. Changed Increased all Photon Torpedo I - X Weapon Damage At Rng
48. Changed Standardized Weapon Damage At Rng for Biokinetic Torpedo I - V, Gravimetric Torpedo,
49. Added Ability Planet - Change Minerals Value to Telekinetic Torpedo I - III
50 Changed Positronic Torpedo I - V Weapon Damage Type from Double Damage to Shields to Quad Damage to Shields
51. Added Ability Planet - Change Minerals Value to Bio-Positronic Torpedo
52. Changed Compressor Torpedo I - V Weapon Damge Type from Double Damage to Shields to Quad Damage to Shields
53. Changed Weapon Family of Biokinetic, Cascade, Compressor, and Gravimetric Torpedo's I - V from 4 to 28
54. Changed Weapon Family of Positron and Positronic Torpedo I - V from 4 to 28
55. Changed Weapon Damage Type of Cascade Torpedo I - V from Double Damage to Shields to Quad Damage to Shields
56. Changed Increased Weapon Damage At Rng slightly while reducing range slightly for Cascade Torpedo I - V
57. Changed Increased Weapon Damage At Rng slightly while reducing range slightly for Compressor Torpedo I - V
58. Changed Weapon Damage Type for Positron Torpedo I - V from Double Damage to Shields to Quad Damage to Shields
59. Changed Increased Weapon Damage At Rng slightly while reducing range slightly for Positron Torpedo I - V
60. Changed Increased Weapon Damage At Rng slightly while reducing range slightly for Positronic Torpedo I - V
61. Changed Increased Weapon Damage At Rng slightly while reducing range slightly for Quantum Torpedo I - V
62. Changed Weapon Family of Quantum Torpedo I - V from 4 to 28
63 Changed Reduced Weapon Modifier bonus of Quantum Torpedo I - V from +10% to +5%
64. Changed Weapon Damage Type of Quantum Torpedo I - V from Double Damage to Shields to Quad Damage to Shields.
65. Changed Name of Ferengi Quantum Torpedo I - V to Quantum Flux Torpedo I - V
66. Changed Weapon Family of Quantum Flux Torpedo I - V from 4 to 28
67. Changed Weapon Damage Type of Quantum Flux Torpedo I - V from Double Damage to Quad Damage to Shields.
68. Changed Name of Pirate Trillian Torpedo I - V to Barillian Torpedo I - V
69. Changed Name of Ferengi Tri-Colbalt Torpedo I - III to Flux-Colbalt Torpedo I - III
70. Changed Weapon Family of Trillian Torpedo I - V from 4 to 28
71. Changed Name of Pirate Carbide Torpedo I - III to Tri-Carbide Torpedo I - III
72. Changed Name of 8472 Telekinetic Torpedo I - III to Psychokinetic Torpedo I - III
73 Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Psychokinetic Torpedo I - III
74. Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Carbide Torpedo I - III
75 Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Tri-Carbide Torpedo I - III
76. Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Crystalline Torpedo I - III
77. Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Decimator Torpedo I - III
78. Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Phased Polaron Torpedo I - III
79. Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Tachyon Torpedo I - III
80. Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Tri-Colbalt Torpedo I - III
81. Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Flux-Colbalt Torpedoes I - III
82. Added Ability Type Warp Point - Turbulence to Shield Depleter I - V
83 Changed Weapon Family of Adv Photon Torpedo I - Vfrom 4 to 28
84. Changed Weapon Damage Type of Adv Photon Torpedo I - V from Double Damage to Quad Damage to Shields
88. Changed Weapon Family of Plasma Torpedo I - V from 60 to 28
89. Changed Weapon Damage Type of Plasma Torpedo I - V from Double Damage to Quad Damage to Shields
90 Changed Increased Weapon Damage At Rng slightly for Plasma Torpedo I - V while reducing range slightly
91. Changed Weapon Family of Adv Plasma Torpedo I - III from 60 to 27
92. Added Ability Type Planet - Change Minerals Value to Adv Plasma Torpedo I - III
93 Added Ability Type Planet - Change Organics Value to all Torpedo Weapons I - V of Weapons Family 28
94. Added Detailed information about both AI Tag and Dummy Tag usage to Abilities File
95. Changed Updated information in the Weapon Family file (ModInfo).
96. Changed Players will now start game with access to Captain I (Seemed like the logical thing to do)

Star Trek Mod v1.9.2.8

1. Changed Made Warp Core I - X unique to each race.
2. Changed Made Transwarp I - III unique to each race.
3. Changed Made Warp Nacelle I - V unique to each race.
4. Changed Increased Drone Engine I - V supply ability to 1000,1100,1200,1300,1400.
5. Changed 8472 Flux Pod I - V limit of Two Per Vehicle to four Per Vehicle
6. Changed Federation Ablative Armor I - III Tonnage Space Taken cost from 5 to 10
7. Changed Removed Scanner Jammer ability from Federation Ablative Armor I - III
8. Changed Increased Min/Org/Rad cost of Federation Ablative Armor I - III
9. Changed Added Armor ability to Armor I - III
10. Changed Added Armor ability to Emissive Armor I - III
11. Changed Federation Ablative Armor I - III Ten Per Vehicle to Five Per Vehicle
12. Changed Made some minor cost changes to all race armors.
I have a list of about 20 more things to complete before the next version of the mod is ready for release.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 03:55 AM

Captain

Black_Knyght is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Death Rumors Have Been Over Exaggerated

Never believed for a moment it was dead, or even close to it. I've just been patiently holding my breath in anticipation until it's rerelease!!!

( I am, however, starting to turn this rather disturbing bluish color... [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif[/img] )

Old July 22nd, 2006, 04:27 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I just want to improve the mod by making the AI better, the tech tree more uniform, and the facilities and components more practicle.

I wanted to organize the files, enhance the racial traits, and standardize the shuttles and fighters. I basically wanted to get rid of what I thought was dis-organization within the mod.

I hope I have achieved this.

Improving the AI is a real PITA but I am getting it done. I suspect that I might have to enlist the help of some AI powerhouse like Rollo in order to get it right. I hope not to have too bother him, but I am keeping that option open. Besides, he might not even want to help so its best to leave him alone.

(Don't poke the Viking and you won't get sacked.)
Old July 22nd, 2006, 04:42 AM

Captain

oooooo....Rollo....say it again....

Rollo....shivers down my spine....

Rollo....The boogey-man of AI's....

Honestly, I'm just waiting until I can sink my teeth into it. Seeing all the time, effort, and thought you've been putting into these updates has me very interested, and drooling badly....

Old July 22nd, 2006, 05:04 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Once I get the construction files in order I will send you the new data files so you can play around with it and hopefully find some bugs for me to fix.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM

Major

Aiken is on a distinguished road

Congats AT, you've made a great mod even better. STM is certainly one of a most-polished, most-developed and long-living mod of all times.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 06:10 PM

Captain

Quote:
Atrocities said:
Once I get the construction files in order I will send you the new data files so you can play around with it and hopefully find some bugs for me to fix.
Thanx so much !!! That'd be terrific.

Quote:
Aiken said:
Congats AT, you've made a great mod even better. STM is certainly one of a most-polished, most-developed and long-living mod of all times.
I second that opinion. Of all the mods, the STM is certainly the most stylish and well-concieved I've played yet.

Old July 23rd, 2006, 01:30 PM

First Lieutenant

Xrati is on a distinguished road

I've enjoyed playing the STM and I fully appreciate the long and hard work put into the creation of such a project. Thanks AT for creating this mod. I'd like to get a play test game going on PBW site if there's none going yet. It would be a great forum for testing all the new ideas and systems. Of course all the races would best be played by human player with positive feedback being a prerequisite! I guess it's just a matter of finding people with the time and willingness to stick out such an adventure. The game would not be based on combat as much as building and experimentation of all the new systems and fixes.

Just a thought!
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:29 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

CAn't wait to play this one. Of all the mods out there, this is the one i play the most, when I can. But I might have hope in the future. Bought a cheap computer from my dad-in-law, and am in the process of trying to get it to work (the video card has to be replaced, and I'm not sure of the ram and the os). Hopefully, if I can get this computer to work well enough, i can play SEIVG again real soon.