.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 3rd, 2010, 05:07 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troubling Times: Large EA CBM Game (Running)

Sigh... Looks like it's Agartha's turn to go missing without a trace.

What is it with people randomly disappearing withou a trace this game? I had heard people complain about that before, but can't remember ever seeing it happen once or maaaaybe two times in one game.* (Of course, not being a game admin in those games might mean I just didn't pay much attention.)

I'll go whip up yet another Looking for Sub post in a minute. People with diplomatic ties with Agartha who might have heard something from him since the pause to find an Ermor sub feel free to share. Also, any of his neighbours who can add to what I can tell potential subs are very wellcome to do so. (Agartha is a bit out of my scouting epicenter.)

I'll add a few hours to the timer so I can assess the situation again after getting up tomorrow. (In the first place because of Agartha, but also to be sure Zeldor fixed his turn acceptance issues.)

* A clarification: the surprise here is about the lack of notification. I've seen people leave games all the time, but usually they at least left word, and very often found their own subs too.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 05:42 PM

Sergeant

Numahr is on a distinguished road

This may be not so relevant anyway due to Abysua disappearing, but I'd like to get a +12 hours delay please (meaning until 00:20 sunday), reason is being on a demanding business trip which includes working tomorrow (study tour at the Turkish Bulgarian border crossing point as a matter of fact).

Thanks for understanding (I know I am kind of subscribed to the small delay requests )
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:47 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

No worries. I pretty much expect a small delay every turn.
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:37 AM

Corporal

yandav is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
Sigh... Looks like it's Agartha's turn to go missing without a trace.

What is it with people randomly disappearing withou a trace this game? I had heard people complain about that before, but can't remember ever seeing it happen once or maaaaybe two times in one game.* (Of course, not being a game admin in those games might mean I just didn't pay much attention.)

I'll go whip up yet another Looking for Sub post in a minute. People with diplomatic ties with Agartha who might have heard something from him since the pause to find an Ermor sub feel free to share. Also, any of his neighbours who can add to what I can tell potential subs are very wellcome to do so. (Agartha is a bit out of my scouting epicenter.)

I'll add a few hours to the timer so I can assess the situation again after getting up tomorrow. (In the first place because of Agartha, but also to be sure Zeldor fixed his turn acceptance issues.)

* A clarification: the surprise here is about the lack of notification. I've seen people leave games all the time, but usually they at least left word, and very often found their own subs too.
It seems that the Agarthan player disappeared the turn after I attacked him.
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:28 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

He has enough forces to put a good fight, so I really doubt it's that.

Maybe TT is just too much for some people? Ermor disappeared, now Agartha, earlier we had prolems with C'tis and Abysia.

And there is no winner soon. Sure, Marv has nice lead, I will be fighting Helheim forever, but I think that VPs are set too high to make it work. Especially with it being EA game.

So maybe it'd be a good idea to call it a draw, wait few weeks and restart the game with CBM 1.8 [less micro] and with more reasonable victory settings [for 40 VPs you need to control like 25-30 provs for 3 turns]. And make it MA or LA [so less crazy nations].

LA Agartha guide
Old December 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road

Its the map. Faerun is cursed. its such an awesome map, but its just cursed. no game can ever be succesful on it.
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road

This game has been going for fewer turns than smaller games that I have played, and I think has been about average (given the small sample set of MP games I've played since returning to Dominions) in comparison to these other games.
Old December 5th, 2010, 01:59 PM

Corporal

nrasch is on a distinguished road

All: Did you need a sub player for Agartha? If so, please let me know, as I'd be happy to volunteer.
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestyMan View Post
Its the map. Faerun is cursed. its such an awesome map, but its just cursed. no game can ever be succesful on it.
Phah! I don't believe in curses. And moreover we'll break the curse too. Not that there is a curse. Or a malediction either.

Anyways, I've had some PM's about subbing for Agartha, and we should have a sub soon. I'm just lacking final confirmation and e-mail address to get things rolling again. Going to bed now though, so it'll have to be tomorrow.

Hah! In your face, stupid curse. Not that I believe in curses, mind you.

Unfortunately it looks like Zeldor is also demotivated due to the unfortunate stale and not very happy with game settings in general, and is also planning to find a - possibly temporary - sub for him. Not that this a sign of any nonexistant curse or anything. Just saying.

Anyways, I just wanted to make sure the people still playing are actually still having fun? I know I am, and I do have the impression others do to, and as long as that's the case I don't mind doing the occasional merry-go-round to find a sub if someone drops out again. Just feels kinda pointless to do so if the people actually in the game allready feel it's a drag of some kind, so just checking is all.
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:35 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

I am happy with settings I like the map etc. VPs are a bit too high probably, but settings are fine. I just think that this game won't end in reasonable timeframe

And yeah, I am just pissed off because of that stale caused by llamaserver problem. It could have happened on any different turn...

LA Agartha guide