.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 24th, 2024, 12:00 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default [WIP] Bridge by Bridge - German Campaign

Hi,
after fixing the bug with the "ghost passengers", this campaign is ready to test. It is about the German effort to stop Operation Market Garden and has a completely new, "experimental" structure.
Basically: There is NO core force, you just have an HQ that can't die. Instead the campaign puts you in command of various forces, fighting against Market Garden in different locations at the same time. In this release these battles are all in the southern area up to the Nijmegen Bridge.
Now you may ask: Then why not just make a series of scenarios? Well for one thing there already is a group of Market Garden scenarios, but also I am using the campaign function to link the scenarios so success in one of them affects the setup in the next. So the scenarios all are linked, but not by core force, but by outcome.
Lastly, I should warn that this campaign is on average harder than my latest ones. That is mostly because the forces you will command often have quite low soft factors, on account of being improvised units thrown into battle suddenly.

Quote:
Bridge by Bridge

German Campaign

September 17th to September 19th

This is an unusual campaign: Instead of controlling and upgrading a core force, you will instead take command of different improvised German units in each battle. These battles are linked: Success or defeat in one scenario will lead to a different setup in the next.

All maps have been created with the Venhola satellite tool.

As a German commander, you face Operation Market Garden, the allied plan to end the war by Christmas 1944. You will fight paratroopers and the tanks from XXX Corps in various places, sometimes concurrently. Your overall performance in these battles determines the course the campaign takes.

Some scenarios limit your deployment area by advising you to deploy north or south of a certain line. Always listen to those instructions, otherwise the scenarios will not play out like intended!

I hope you enjoy this campaign. If you want to give me feedback or suggestions for improvement, there is a thread on the official WinSPWW2 forums.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bridge by Bridge.zip (1,010.9 KB, 11 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ts4EVER For This Useful Post:
Old June 24th, 2024, 02:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,535 Times in 2,734 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: [WIP] Bridge by Bridge - German Campaign

Sounds interesting.

I am glad the "ghost" issue was resolved

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..