.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Awestruck. New Late Age game. (Started)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaskar View Post
Let it be known to all that Gath (Soyweiser) agreed to a NAP-3 with me and then attacked me without any forewarning.
Well well, three minor points. First you violated the terms of our non aggression pact first by using aggressive language, and clearly deploying an army not intend to take the single province, but just to attack me.

Second, I was under the impression the NAP3 only took effect after you took the agreed upon province. (Which invalidates my earlier point of course).

Third, you didn't seem to be using the provinces. Provinces with PD are free for anybody to grab.

Friends?
http://wolfsbane.alwaysdata.net/Spells.html
Test stuff, use the debug mod:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:49 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyweiser View Post
Quote:
Let it be known to all that Gath (Soyweiser) agreed to a NAP-3 with me and then attacked me without any forewarning.
Well well, three minor points. First you violated the terms of our non aggression pact first by using aggressive language, and clearly deploying an army not intend to take the single province, but just to attack me.

Friends?
Oh come on, if you're gonna make this into a public debate you need to elaborate on these points. What does that exactly mean?
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:53 AM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

He made elaborate descriptions of how he would stop any of my invasions, and how he would invade me in turn. And look and behold, the treacherous Agartha then started to actually invade me with an army exactly as described.
http://wolfsbane.alwaysdata.net/Spells.html
Test stuff, use the debug mod:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:44 PM

Major General

Amhazir, I've sent you an email also. Need an extension on the turn, 24 hours at least if possible.
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Added.
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:30 PM

Private

Balaskar is on a distinguished road

Sure we are friends... just friends who want to kill each other.

1st. I did not use agressive language, but simply sent you a stern warning as YOU were the one massing armies on my borders. I had no armies close to your border except for the one that was waiting for you to remove your troops from the province you had promised me. My worries proved to be warranted as you attacked me 4 turns later.

2nd. This is simply a lie. When I sent you a stern warning about the armies close to my borders and also mentioned that you had failed to remove your troops from the province promised me you told me that you STILL considered (present tense) our NAP-3 to still be in effect.

3rd. Touché. I'm a newb and it was a good lesson. Can't blame Pythium for taking advantage... but it is still underhanded for someone who just a few turns before had confirmed a NAP-3 with me to turn around and stab me in the back.

Conclusion: 1.Untrustworthy 2.Untrustworthy 3.Untrustworthy. I will be wary of any future dealings with you.

PS MOST FUN I've had in a MP game in months, even though I am sure I am going to get my arse handed to me. Great example of how LOSING is FUN!

Quote:
Quote:

Second, I was under the impression the NAP3 only took effect after you took the agreed upon province. (Which invalidates my earlier point of course).

Third, you didn't seem to be using the provinces. Provinces with PD are free for anybody to grab.

Friends?
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:33 PM

Private

Balaskar is on a distinguished road

When did I invade you?

Quote:
He made elaborate descriptions of how he would stop any of my invasions, and how he would invade me in turn. And look and behold, the treacherous Agartha then started to actually invade me with an army exactly as described.
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:19 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PS MOST FUN I've had in a MP game in months, even though I am sure I am going to get my arse handed to me. Great example of how LOSING is FUN!
Heh, I do like your attitude I have to say.

Without going into the details of an agreement I know nothing about and am no party of, for the longest time NAP's were considered sacrosanct in these parts, and breaking one, even when it made absolute strategice sense, absolutely not done. While most people still take it quite seriously those feelings appear to be relaxing a little bit, which I don't actually find to be a bad thing, as that attitude might be conductive to careless play.

Still, as you said, there can be quite some fun to be had in trying to frustrate your opponent(s) as much as possible, either by causing damage or just by costing them time, and, who knows, all may not be lost. Do not neglect your diplomacy, if you can convince the neighbour of an enemy that you're able tie up his forces for a long time, watch him trip over his own feet in his haste to take advantage of the situation. Hope you didn't neglect your scouts and knows who borders who. (And if you don't, people might be willing to trade that information too. Not that I'm volunteering of course. )
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:01 AM

Major General

Marginon AI???
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:56 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Marginon AI???
You guys should have organised this game on the other forum, as there are rules against this sort of thing there now.