War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old November 22nd, 2023, 03:32 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,239 Times in 927 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Since I don't want to say, "I told you so." I won't.

Appears the Danish (German owned from FFG.) LEOPARD 1A5 DK have been fielded by Ukraine this month.

This fitted my timeline as much earlier posted. If you kept up fully with this tank it has been mired in the political, financial and overall process for a longtime.

It appears that MAYBE they added either ceramic or applique armor on the front hull.

The shape looks ever so slightly different. But as you can see the weather in the picture doesn't help me in saying it's there beyond 15% - 20% chance at best.

What is clear is there is no ERA on the pictured tank.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/ukra...tle_tanks.html

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old November 22nd, 2023, 05:33 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,499 Times in 2,715 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Date adjusted, ERA removed

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old December 4th, 2023, 04:12 AM

Lieutenant General

FINALLY, we have a schedule (Year) on when Taiwan will be receiving the first 38 M1A2T tanks during 2024.

The rest as in the ref. below will be delivered in 2025 & I believe it was. 2026.

Trainers (114) for both HIMARS and the tanks will be stateside in the beginning of 2024.

I believe last year I asked for a date change to right which was done.

I estimate FOC earliest to be somewhere between Oct-Dec 2024.

Since Poland is all in on the K2PL (Easier and cheaper to operate and maintain.) and M1A1.

Poland had priority at first due to the war in the Ukraine.

I would expect the first tanks were meant for Poland.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe..._tensions.html

CINCLANTHOME will be back later this evening so, hitting the rack as I still have some light house cleaning and a load of laundry.

Least I can do for ALL she does for me.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old December 5th, 2023, 04:07 AM

Lieutenant General

Not a complete rehash from my last post on Taiwan's tank issue from ref. dated 01 Dec. 2023.

The next dated from today informs us that plans for the trainers and operational specials is likely to start in Jan. 2024.

" This ambitious plan aims for these personnel to be fully trained by the end of next year, marking a significant enhancement of Taiwan's defensive capabilities.
B]"[/b]

Also; "In February 2024, 30 officers and personnel will also be sent to the United States for HIMARS training, which is expected to be completed by October 2024. Upon their return, these soldiers will be responsible for training and developing operational guidelines for these weapon systems."

It also tells us they will be deployed on the western coast to protect that area from invasion and protect a handful of key cities (Named) and airfields.

So, my initial thought based on what's posted above from the below ref. was to shift the FOC (As late as Apr.-Jun 2025.) HOWEVER, the Taiwanese Army is well trained, disciplined but more importantly-smart.

My thinking is now closer Jan.-Mar. 2025.

In the end though I'm thinking to leave UNIT 025 alone as I see no real problem with Nov. 2024 until we know more.

I feel a clearer picture will be seen in the first three months of 2025.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...ars_in_us.html

HIMARS FOC
will be reached by Jan.-Mar. 2025.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; December 5th, 2023 at 12:20 PM..
Old December 19th, 2023, 03:39 AM

Lieutenant General

I REALLY NEED TO STOP READING "MY PAPERS" BEFORE GOING TO BED BUT, THIS IS A SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT AND CERTAINLY REPRESENTS AN IMPORTANT PART IN EURPOES "AWAKING" TO THE WORLD AROUND THEM.

GERMANY IS PERMANTLY DEPLOYING TROOPS OUTSIDE OF IT'S BORDERS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE WWII.

IT APPEARS IT'LL BE AN ARMORED BRIGARD WHICH WILL HAVE ITS OWN BASE IN LITHUANIA AND PAID FOR BY THEM AS WELL. THE MOVE STARTS IN 2024 WITH THE UNIT TO BE FULLY STOOD UP BY 2027. THE BASE WILL ALSO HAVE HOUSING ETC. FOR THE FAMILIES OF THOSE SERVING THERE.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...04dec8c7&ei=13

Was in caps from some other work I was doing just before. Wasn't "shouting" just got to typing.

Regards,
Pat

Old December 20th, 2023, 11:32 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: MBT's

.......And that base will be, (surprise, surprise,surprise) 100km from the Kaliningrad Oblast..... ( which was Königsberg for 690 years before it was Kaliningrad)....as most of you already know.

"Fun" fact............Nikita Khrushchev offered the entire Kaliningrad Oblast to the Lithuanian SSR in the 1950's but the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Lithuania, Antanas Sniečkus, refused to accept the territory because it would add at least a million ethnic Russians to Lithuania proper.

Kinda like south-eastern Ukraine only in Ukraine the number is 10x higher but in Lithuania a million ethnic Russians would have been 37% of Lithuanian population...... in Ukraine it's about half that % so..........."it's complicated"

When the Soviet Union broke up far too many Western politicians myopically thought this meant the end of strife in Europe........ how do you think that " peace dividend" is working out ?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..

Last edited by DRG; December 20th, 2023 at 12:57 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old December 29th, 2023, 03:40 AM

Lieutenant General

Well, I've been saying it for a longtime now; so now that it's actually seen combat, not that I had any doubts about it ever, I'll just turn it over to the Ukrainians and their observations and take note of the distance and by extension its first round hit probability.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/ukra..._accuracy.html

This is one of those "It was worth the time and effort. " Not just once when several years ago when submitted for a major "overhaul" with half a page write up and refs but also more recently when newer data became available to improve on it again in the last or previous patch.

My first day back to work later today after a week in Va. and the above, it'll be a good day!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! Sunday we'll have our Christmas at home.

Regards,
Pat

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 13th, 2024, 02:59 AM

Lieutenant General

We can "Greenlight" the LEOPARD 1A5 for this month.

The tanks were just put into service with the Ukrainian 59th motorized brigade these were from the first 30 of the tanks delivered.

There still remains 130 tanks yet to be received. The tanks are being refurbished based on the condition of the tank to streamline the transfer of them to the Ukraine.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/ukra...1a5_tanks.html

Regards,
Pat

Old January 13th, 2024, 01:26 PM

Lieutenant General

Shock Re: MBT's

As in real life in war as it should be played in the game; BRADLEY defeats T-90M by this principle.

Video is about 1/2 way down/"TG: WAR ARCHIVE".
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...33d1999d&ei=22

It's TGIF, LIFE IS GOOD!

Regards,
Pat

Old January 13th, 2024, 06:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: MBT's

The pen calculator confirms that in the game it is possible to take out a T-90 with the Chain Gun on the Bradley from the side and the rear....... no certainty but possible