The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old February 9th, 2002, 01:44 AM

Major

Andrés is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Star Wars Mod - II (Sci-Fi Xover Mod)

All we have to do is choose a different "useless ability" for each engine size.
I made SW engines of the same sizes of B5 engines (at least the same sizes of fission engienes) so they could use the same abilities.
I also made different sizes of shields, so we may need to add them other "useless abilities"

Take a look at these pics:
http://se4kdy.cyberwars.com/temp/sw_pics.zip
Old February 11th, 2002, 12:38 AM

Major

Val is on a distinguished road

Engines and reactors changed a little in the B5 Mod. I also took your advice and gave the different engine types a facelift (each group looks different now). The reactors will have to wait until after I finish the rest of the weapons and components (another 78 to go)

All the latest data files are now compiled in the latest update - though it does not include any components from standard SE IV that the mod won't be using (such as the SE IV weapons). Med Bays have also been updated.

B5ModUpdate.zip
Old February 11th, 2002, 03:43 PM

Major

Before anyone points this out, just realized I accidently genned out the Med Bays to X and Advanced Med Bay to 15. To make the Drahk plague work properly, delete Med Bays V-X and in the text for the Advanced Med Bay change all '15's to '5's. In effect, this makes a plague level 5 the Drahk plague and it can only be cured by finding the 'Cure for Nano-Virus' in a ruins. Another thing to mention, the plague bombs go from I-X, but only achieve Plague 4 (with varrying damage and range) and the Drahk Plague I-X goes from Plague 3 to 5, allowing them to start with a more powerful plague than anyone can easily cure right away (if they choose to use it) and lets them develop the dreaded Plague 5.

Not sure how you want to handle this in the Sci-Fi mod, it's too bad we can't increase to Plague 6
Old February 11th, 2002, 04:57 PM

Major

I like it.
Other races such as the Y Vong and the 8472 should also have plagues as an important part of their arsenal. Maybe even the dreaded lev 5.
Finding the cure in ruins sounds good, too bad the plague can't remain dormant for some time. If someone else finds the cure first you may be forced to do some crazy trade to get a working med ship with the cure.

Hmm races with "Standard SE4" would still get normal plague weapons/med bays, maybe I sould lower that to lev 4.
Old February 11th, 2002, 05:29 PM

Major

I was hoping you might lower the standard to Level IV med bays, makes the Drahk plague (and others) more deadly.

I left it as a ruin tech so it could only be found, but there is no reason we couldn't make the medical tech absurdly long (like up to level 50) and if someone really wants to research it all the way out, knowing there is no other bonuses in between 4-49, then let them spend the time and $$ to research a cure. This way the ruins are still there for a quick fix - plus it may give someone a valuable trade commodity, or make their ships target for takeover!
Old February 12th, 2002, 09:32 PM

Major

Will we be including 'hyperspace' drives that will actually allow units to create warp points?
Old February 13th, 2002, 02:05 AM

Major

I'm not sure, but warp manipulation components probably won't work on sats or fighters.
Old February 13th, 2002, 03:23 AM

Major

I was thinking of a 'ship only' component, and if I get some light shed on the Unique component thing then we can limit it to larger ships!
Old February 13th, 2002, 04:58 AM

Major

Sorry but ISTR those restrictions were something only mentioned in the headings and never implemented.
The only way to restrict a comp to big ships would be to make it very big or need so many supplies that con only come from a large reactor.
Old February 13th, 2002, 03:11 PM

Major

The supply thing is a good idea! Though a person could use a fleet pool supplies, they would still have to seperate to activate the gate and would need extra supplies! Pure genius! Could also make a slightly heavier reactor with a bit more supplies for jump cabable ships.

Now next Q. Can we program the AI to close the gate after going throguh? Would have to rely on humans to be honest though, unless they finally make a Warp Point that will auto collapse after X number of rounds (in this case 1)! Would love that ability and the ability to make delayed arrival Warp Points!