.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 10th, 2009, 05:14 PM

Captain

Quitti is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beardaxe is go!

I don't mind the postpone - I had a long day at uni and would've needed to rush in the turn myself too.
Old September 11th, 2009, 09:56 AM

Sergeant

Toran is on a distinguished road

Okay, hostrun has proceeded with everybody having got his turn in.

The next hostrun is postponed slightly to accomodate Jazzepi's weekend traveling activities.

If you lose a dozen Harbingers during that trip, noone would be too sorry
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:53 AM

Sergeant

Great. There ain't a good time for a PC power supply to smoke off, but mine did (at least it seems so). Means, I managed to stale in Lapis and just installed Dom3 on a friend's notebook.

I'm adding 12 additional safety hours in case I won't manage to redo the full turn until this evening. Plus gotta check/buy a new power supply.
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

So, wanted to take the pulse of this game. Without being able to bring down the Nexus it seems a long drawn out war against Marignon is unwinnable. My last hope was that we could all blitz him hard enough before he got critical mass, but obviously that's not happening. The way I see it is Atlantis is impossible for me to deal with without devoting a large portion of my resources - ignoring him along that long coast is killing me. This leaves in the medium term Marignon relatively free to focus on Pyth and C'tis who don't seem to have much traction on a fast assault. With the AI presumably spending its large gem income Marignon is probably pulling in several thousand gems over the next game year including the bloodstones and clams he used to originally power the nexus. My vote is we call the game for Jazz unless you guys honestly thing that there is anyway else this is going to end.
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM

Sergeant

Well, I don't want the game to become a burden for the players, otherwise I'd just call for an end.

It's definitely the case that Atlantis is pounding on Abysia (as at everybody, probably), and I don't have enough of an overview to assess the situation correctly. From what *I* am feeling right now, Mar's grip starts to losen around me and I'm gaining an upper hand on several fronts (Mictlan's pressure has been taken off as well).
But of course this could just be due to Baalz taking the beating right now, I'm just seeing a couple of Harbingers (definitely not unbeatable), I don't have the full intel.

Difficult situation for me - I don't want to cancel it too early, but don't want to stretch it too far for other players as well. If Jazzepi tells us "honestly" that he's getting >250 gems per turn and has 2 dozen Seraph/Tartarian class SCs ready (I'm at ~1 dozen), I'd definitely concede.
Dang. How to get an impartial ruling on that one?
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:35 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

I don't know that we need an impartial ruling on that benchmark, as a worst case scenario he's close to it. He's showing via score graphs ~140 gems per turn income. I know for a fact he's got a bunch of clams from when I spammed earth attacks at him (lots of clam holders got hit). With the large AI nations, along with whatever the human nations (including Mari) are spending it's pretty hard to imagine the nexus isn't pulling in 100+ gems per turn - particularly as we try to push a war with Mari. My guess is his overall income is over 300+ gems per turn, maybe as much as 400+. Bluntly, I'm not going to be able to be too much a threat offensively for the next several turns, and even after that I'm faced with the choice of either trying to dig that damn AI out from under the waves or trying to fortify my incredibly long coast.
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:45 AM

Sergeant

It's not as if I was questioning your judgement (llamaserver says he's getting 180 per turn, and he's using at least 100 pearls every second turn for wishing the Chalice away ), it's probably just that I'd love to be crushed myself before conceding.
Of course I could see that this could take some time - I was hoping he'd focus on me rather than one of you.
Old September 16th, 2009, 01:25 PM

Captain

Well, I haven't seen much resistance at all - been just waltzing around his lands and sieging a few forts that I can. Gathering speed and such, but I don't know how big a dent I can make in marignon's total forces. I have limited options on what to do, due atlantis raiding my provinces also with mismatch-equipped casters and troops that can beat my PD but nothing else. Still, I know a bit about what happens in other fronts - if Baalz/Toran don't think we have a decent chance of bringing Marignon down, I can vote for his victory.
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:45 AM

Sergeant

That's my problem as well - haven't met (that) much resistance the last few turns. If I saw heavy resistance over here, AND Baalz was under pressure, AND Quitti was going to throw the towel, I'd be more than willing to concede.

I'm just wondering why we're still up - according to Baalz' numbers we should be, but instead Quitti and I are making progress...?
Old September 17th, 2009, 05:43 AM

Captain

Yeah, progress is being made - only limiting thing now is basically that I can't move my troops much faster to capture provinces. I don't doubt that it might change at any time, but still, it'd still leave Toran "free" to do whatever he wants.