.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:00 AM

Private

Galantrue is on a distinguished road
Default US Mobile Air Corps

Hi all, been lurking for a little while and decided that I should finally add an AAR to the mix. Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

My core concept is the Air/Cav but to a slightly more extreme level. All of my units with the exception of Area SAMS, SP-SAMS, and MLRS are airmobile, with the lift capacity built into the unit itself. Oh, and before ya'll start yelling at me, I would just like to report a small bug. During core purchase, if you delete an attack helo sec, the computer gives you an airstrike that you can purchase. So, because it fits within my idea for my corp, and because it would be cool, my core does now include 2 air sections. I'm also using the cold war mod by PlasmaKrab.

Core US

8 Rifle Platoons
4 Heavy Lift Sections (MH-47)
4 Support Platoons (1 Ammo-Carrier, 2 Stingers, 1 Para-Ops, 2 81mm Mortars, 2 Javilen ATs, 2 25mm AGL)
4 Heavy Lift Sections (CF-47)
1 SEAD Strike (F22-J)
1 CAS (A-12 Avenger)
3 Rocket Bats (MLRS)
2 SAM Bats (Patriots)
2 SP-SAM Bats (Avengers)
7 105mm Bats (Off-Map)
3 Attack Helo Secs (AH-66)
1 Light Helo Sec (RH-66)

Generated LC (200) vs NK, China, Veitnam

First Mission
Meeting engagement vs NK
Situation: The map is 120 x 120 and very hilly. V-hexes are not shotgun and fairly well scattered. One is in the middle of a -2 height stream on the southern border of the map, the other is located on a north-south running highway, with heavy woods around it, and the other is located to the north of the map on the edge of a hill. Visibility is 13, length is 37

Support: I purchased 1 Bat HIMARS, 2 Bats 105mms, 2 SEAD sections, 1 AC-130 gunship, and 1 mech rifle platoon.

Plan: This map has one stream that meanders all over, causing three bridges to appear. I have no need for the bridges so have targeted them for destruction with 3 bats each 105mm. Have called in all SEAD aircraft blind, with only their HARMS active. The current plan is for 4 Rifle platoons to land just behind the northen victory hex, seize it, and dig in. They are being supported by 2 Support Platoons, and all the attack helos, as after the hill the terrain becomes very open. The rest of my infantry and support platoons are being sent to land near a town to the south, approx. 15 hexes from the southern V-hex. Their mission is to dig in and bleed the enemy dry, until about turn 15 or so, and then advance onto the V-Hexs. The mech infantry platoon that I purchased as support is being ordered to secure the middle V-hexs. They should be okay due to the heavy woods all around the area, but I also targeted 4 artillery points there.

Last edited by Galantrue; May 7th, 2009 at 08:07 PM..