This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old May 24th, 2004, 02:53 AM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: The Passion of the Christ movie

Atrocities, take a visit to an immigration court or even the jail if you can get a tour of one.

I took an offer once to view a homeland security immigration jail and I was stunned by the cruel mistreatment of not just immigrants, but to naturalized citizens and war veterans who were being held in jail without access to a lawyer or a fair trial or even proper sanitation.
Old May 24th, 2004, 03:00 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

I don't know what to say to your post. I honestly pray that no person is being wrongfully held, and or mistreated.

If they are, then hell yes we need a way to litigate their freedom.

Sometimes the idology of better safe than sorry has a human cost that is more often than not over looked.

I wish them all well.
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:35 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Bush is just following in the footsteps of people like FDR...
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:08 PM

Major

Aiken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Yef:
quote:
Originally posted by aiken:
In spite of 2000 years of Christianity, the same people who crucified him still rule our world. He would be in a great sorrow if he known that.
And what is that suppossed to mean?

There were two people involved in Mr J cruxificion, the Romans and the Jews, and the Romans are no more, so it obviously means that the Jews rule the world!
Very nice. That's why I'll never see that awful movie. People comes out of the theater with an slightly diferent view of the world.
Brainwashing at its best. (or worst) [/QB]

It's supposed to mean that mankind the same horde of barbarians as it was 2k years ago, inspite of the civilization, technical progress and such.

And it was your deduction about Jews, not mine - everybody see what he wants to see. I can't see anything wrong about jews in this film, sorry.

And I wonder how anybody can judge the film/picture/book without seing/reading it
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Grauzone:
quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
And what does any of this have to do with the current discussion?
sounds archaic. like old testament. burn the sinners. death to all enemies. erase the unbeleavers. interesting law
I can recall no instance of 'erase the unbelievers' without human sacrifice being involved. Nor were sinners burnt, that I recall. And the death penalty was only mandatory for adultry and first degree murder.

Compared with other historical law's of the time, I would call Isreal's ancient laws enlightened.
Sig updated to remove non-working links.
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:10 PM

Private

Grauzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by narf poit chez BOOM:
I can recall no instance of 'erase the unbelievers' without human sacrifice being involved. Nor were sinners burnt, that I recall. And the death penalty was only mandatory for adultry and first degree murder.

Compared with other historical law's of the time, I would call Isreal's ancient laws enlightened. [/QB]
i tell what i read in the bible (doings of GOD not of the people):

burn the sinners -> sodom and gomorra
erase the unbeleavers -> the Flood, death of innocent first burn children, ...

The GOD in the old testament is an good exampe of a very good dictator. Efficient by enforcement of his will and brutal to all "opposition".

The Ten Commandments are as a matter of fact enlightened in this time (most of them in our times too).
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:29 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Combat Wombat is on a distinguished road

Wouldn't it be funny if when they release it on DVD it has alternate endings included.

A* Se+++ GdQ $? Fr! C* Css Sf-- Ai% Au M+++ Mp* S@ Ss++++ RNSHP Pw++ Fq+++ Nd++ Rp++ G++++ Mm++ Bb+++@ L+ Tcp--
Get the newest Version of Invasion! here: http://www.secenter.org/

Old May 24th, 2004, 06:41 PM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

CW: What a beautiful thought. I'm giggling like a maniac right now just thinking about it (and trying to dream up suitable endings).

I haven't seen this film, but I assume the Judean People's Front Crack Suicide Squad actually succed in rescuing the Messiah in this Version..?
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:03 PM

Major

Urendi Maleldil is on a distinguished road

If God wants to destroy us, that's his perogative. He made us after all. And it won't be because he's evil. It will be because he's righteous, we are most definitely not.

Just look at the war in Iraq, Terrorism, the prisoner abuses, all the name-calling and backbiting in the media. We see it now, but it's been going on for a long time. We humans are not nice people. We care too much about ourselves and too little about others.

I think that's the whole point of the Jesus story a la this movie. While we deserve destruction by horrible fire, God still loves us so much that he'll become mortal and get his guts ripped out in agony, suffering the punishment that we deserve justly.

It was our trecherous nature that drove the whip to a truly innocent man. The only one ever born into this world.

Death is the only way out of our predicament. You can either die yourself, or accept the death of Jesus and let him give you a new life. Both choices Last a very long time. And both are permanent.

-Km :�
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:29 PM

Private

Grauzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Urendi Maleldil:
If God wants to destroy us, that's his perogative. He made us after all. And it won't be because he's evil. It will be because he's righteous, we are most definitely not.

Death is the only way out of our predicament. You can either die yourself, or accept the death of Jesus and let him give you a new life. Both choices Last a very long time. And both are permanent.
I understand your position. Here is an other point of view:
there is no GOD. religions are life philosophies, helps people to live ther life with less fear of death and other unpleasentnesses of ther life.

on this basis we can compare religions in the life they induce. from this position bible is an philosophy book and we can discuss it as such. this book describes tho very different philosophies: old one (before JC), new one (introduced by JC). i like only one of them (the second) as life philosophy, but old testament is more exciting as story. Also we can consider GOD as an actor in this story.

But religion is private issue of every human (or alien ). And it is not my intension to harm feelings of other people. I'm not dogmatic and accept that GOD may exist. Or many other Gods, i do not discriminate other religions. I have no proof of their existence or nonexistence.