.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 16th, 2009, 06:48 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chronicles_EA: Second-pass Signup and Discussion

Gosh, that's a shame. Chronicles games seem to be a bit of a struggle it seems.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old April 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwind View Post
Well, majority opinion seems to be that the game is dead (plus only Tifone and Baalz have turned in their turns at this point) so I suppose it's tie to end this game. It was fun while it lasted

So, with the game ending this early, is there a winner?
You, as a majority of myself determines (it seems nobody else wantes to vote).
And yes, it was a fun initially. Did anybody else noticed any mistakes we should avoid?
Sometimes at autumn I would like to think about something similar... though probably a game by like-minded people without writing requirement could generate no less texts (as it would run faster).
Old April 18th, 2009, 06:29 AM

Corporal

Ruminant is on a distinguished road

I thought Maverni started out interestingly and I really liked Baalz's concept but for pure quality and consistancy it's all yours Darkwind

As for mistakes made, I -really- shouldn't have made all those turn postponements. The slow pace was what just devestated interest in the end. Also we didn't quite end up with enough players for our map after all the initial dropouts. Some people had interesting clusters, Maverni for instance was in between Helheim/Pangaea/Abyssia and somewhat close to Agartha and, according to Darkwind's stories ^^, Atlantis. Agartha's capital was only a few provinces away from Oceania's and I bordered with Helheim really early on. Sauromantia on the other hand hadn't seen a single neighbour by the end of the game.
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM

Private

Agarthan Raider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruminant View Post

Edit: And to Agarthan Raider, sorry to make you come in for the last two turns of the game. Thanks again for the sub.
no worries.

sorry i wasn't able to get anything written on this. i was just sort of juggling everything in my head, trying to figure out what angle i wanted to take, it was kind of hard coming in cold like that.

i would love to do another one of these from the beginning, if the kinks can get worked out.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:50 PM

Major

Yes, too few people for such a map, too. I agree. Especially as the only other nation I met was Atlantis - the perfect case of peace due to absolutely different interests!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road

Well, since this thread has been bumbed, I might as well post that I actually didn't have any intention of attacking Lanka. I was planning on building up to some heat-resisting spells and throwing cold water (Hah!) on Abysia's fire with buffed Deep Ones (100% fire resistance, hah! Again!) Not to mention, my start was rather nice because I don't think I had any competitors for the sea and I had easy land access. I could slack off and still survive reasonably well (I actually only had one fort by turn 14, though I had plans to get another; I simply didn't have the money).

I wasn't sure what to do with Arcoscephale on my border, though. They never contacted me. I guess they took my short message as a warning. Deep Ones only want friends (well, and food, but don't remind them of that or you might lose an arm).
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:54 AM

Major

Well, I had no intention for war with Deep Ones either - I could win on land with my sacreds, but I would need to make a horde of water-breathing items to actually invade you. Of course, I gained access to water mages just in case - but this is what I meant by completely different interests above!
On the other hand, it was a pity that I had met nobody else at all - I was planning to either invade someone or entrench some turns before... Having all southern landmass to myself was actually pretty depressing - even if I'd won, it would be mainly due to luck of placement...