.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old December 1st, 2006, 12:45 AM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need test subjects.

Changed Keda Leader's sprite

And added 2 more units.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 06:29 AM

Captain

Added last unit.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:11 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Some final suggestions.

Give this nation 2 blood slaves/turn out of the capital. With a strong dominion and even a level 1 priest, this will make it at least *conceivable* that you'd survive with an imprisoned pretender.

Mictlan actually starts with a level 1 priest instead of a scout; but you'll be making your initial scout into your prophet if you have the blood slaves to manage it. You could give them a non-mage priest as well, maybe a torturer who adopts a priestly function to allow him to undulge his sadism, he could be an inquisitor with a patrol bonus and cost ~40 gold, and be perfectly acceptable as a starting unit. If you go around worshipping beings that feed on pain and misery you should probably have an inquisitor of some kind.

Also, if their temples only cost 200 gold they'd be in much better shape in that respect, but I'm not sure if you can do that in the current mod generation.

That said, the nation is quite playable and I'm kicking *** (against the computer, anyway) so you don't really need to change anything.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old December 3rd, 2006, 12:44 AM

Captain

You dont need 2 blood slaves. You get very cheap Head Hunter that gets much more than 2 slaves a turn when he Blood hunts.
This nation needs to start with the God present, so even if you loose your God in the first few turns (I lost mine to Hunter of Heroes in first five turns in 3 games), you could potentially survive for long enough to call him back. Imprisoned God will kill your initial expansion as he is the one to give it the initial momentum, and you will have to rely on Heroes appearing, which is a bad strategy IMHO. This nation is very weak at the beginning as you have probably noticed.

Also, be careful with your blood slaves. If you leave them in your magic vault they tend to vanish. One strategy, the one that I employ, is to distribute your blood slaves to all your researchers (for protection as well).

Kurgi was fairly useless. Now he produces 3 Astral gems. Be careful, he causes "Feeble Minded" affliction in units in the same province.
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Captain

Version 0.10 with all the spells nationally restricted (except for the "Tartarian Smith").
Old December 8th, 2006, 09:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

Awesome mod again Amos .

Could summon shadow horrors be buggy? I tried the spell but don't seem to get shadow horrors .
Old December 9th, 2006, 05:17 AM

Captain

Default Re: I need test subjects. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Amos
Old December 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Amos - when I folded this mod into my megamod I changed the spell effect number for those two spells to 10001 (which works, it's a typo in the manual and not a bug.)
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old December 9th, 2006, 06:40 PM

Captain

Thats great. Tnx. Changed it back.
Old December 11th, 2006, 11:03 PM

Corporal

Ighalli is on a distinguished road

This is a really fun nation to play! After looking at it fairly thoroughly, I found some things to question (and/or complain about) though.

I think the head hunters are way too good. At 60 gold and an effective blood magic 4 (for hunting) they're far, far better than any other blood hunter in the game. I'd suggest lowering their #douse to 1. They'd still probably be the best in the game even then, but since they can't research it'd probably even out.

Why do the mages all have an increased lifespan?

Why do the black leigionaires cost so much? I understand they're elite, but 14 gold seems closer than 44. They're not THAT good afterall. Looks like a bunch of the other troops are overpriced too. What compared to other national elite troops like Pythium emerald guard (the best humans who cost considerably less) makes them worth this kind of money?

Why does the pretender have holy levels?

Finally, one of the Kisei X of [the?] Word units fight with 2 short swords. They cost more resources than the other variety, and they're worse. Without ambidexterity, they have lower attack scores than the #nratt 2 troops.