.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road
Default Re: On T\'ien Ch\'i

Quote:
Renojustin said:
That's a nice way of saying you panicked and bleated for help from nations with their own problems as your culture was destroyed. You got greedy, and launched an invasion on the rich nation that had earned their place, and you failed. You have been counterinvaded. Deal with it.
Not simply Claire, but many nations. And many more may soon aid them. R'lyeh has knowledge from Marverni itself that their god knows that his time is soon ended, and where then will C'tis's Sauromancers look? Not at Abysia, for by then Sauromatia will have swallowed it. Not at Lanka, for the demons are powerful still. Not at R'lyeh, for the Aboleths have repulsed all attacks into their sea, though we may be powerless on land. No, Frannabelle--C'tis will look towards Sauromatia. Perhaps not with eyes for war, but it will look nonetheless.

And we doubt C'tis will ally with Sauromatia, with Sauromatia's enemies so near.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:18 PM

First Lieutenant

Renojustin is on a distinguished road

Our enemies lie in tatters except for Caelum, who is soon to be devoured by T'ien Ch'i.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Renojustin said:
Our enemies lie in tatters except for Caelum, who is soon to be devoured by T'ien Ch'i.
Then T'ien Ch'i is definitely allied with Sauromatia? Yoth'Shothogg thinks that is a bad idea, in more ways than simply the matter of how Sauromatia will ruin T'ien Ch'i if Sauromatia wins, and T'ien Ch'i will be ruined if Sauromatia loses, for siding with such an enemy.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Sergeant

Zenzei is on a distinguished road

I'd hold such claims until the leader of T'ien Ch'i speaks for himself. In any event T'ien C'hi's coming decision to do something or do nothing will have a great impact on this game and I for one am awaiting it with great curiosity.

However, I must say if what Sauromatia says is true, I think T'ien Ch'i will find the task of "devouring" Caelum to be a lot easily said than done. Just like Sauromatia did.
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:58 PM

Private

Shigure is on a distinguished road

Sauromatia currently holds three seats of power, and needs seven to win. He is currently poised to defeat R'lyeh, Lanka, and Abysia, counting six. A T'ien Ch'inese attack on Caelum would be the worst possible idea, as a partition of Caelum would almost certainly hand the Caelian capital -- and the world -- to Sauromatia. Sauromatia clearly knows this: look how eagerly he is talking about that prospective T'ien Ch'inese attack.

Anyway, I am glad to see Caelum deal grievous losses to the Sauromatians. It is increasingly clear to me now that Stravinsky's Mercy was the best decision I had made.
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:04 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

To Shigure:
Yes, precisely - he will win without needing to fight Tien Chi. Unless Tien Chi has a plan how to steal from him most capitals quickly enough, that is. But I don't think such can work - certainly not in Calum's case for their flyers can hold besieging forces for very long & I suppose that Saur's know how to guard their citadels.
About your peace with Caelum - I don't think so. You, as I remember, also caused goodly losses to Sauromatia before your fall - and you could cause more if you had Caelum's resources for yourself by the time. It may have been otherwise if they had actually helped you when you were attacked, but such didn't occur.
To Claire:
I can't state loss of your avatar as a mistake - unless it was by mistakenly attacking too strong enemy, that is. In any case, it was tactical, not strategic mistake. I understand your reasoning about alliances & I've already said that negotiations could take too long also. I still think that coordinated actions would have more chances of downing the said beast..
To Renojustin:
One might think that you could by now end your demagogy.. By now all could see that your reasonings are false & you calling names doesn't help any. Also, your resources already do allow you to drop any pretense and still win by brute force.
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:08 PM

Major

What's with server? Does anybody know?
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:24 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Servers are down :(

Sorry, the server is down. See here: http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...?Number=610156
Emergency comic relief
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:03 PM

Major

Default Re: Servers are down :(

Thanks for replying so quick.
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

kasnavada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Servers are down :(

Quote:

I can't state loss of your avatar as a mistake - unless it was by mistakenly attacking too strong enemy, that is. In any case, it was tactical, not strategic mistake. I understand your reasoning about alliances & I've already said that negotiations could take too long also. I still think that coordinated actions would have more chances of downing the said beast..
Maybe. It's too late now anyway.

The mistake was attacking on turn one, without knowledge of surroundings, and low dominion. That also gave Claire (contrary to what Sauromantia wrote earlier) the first of her affliction : a chest wound. Basically the worst affliction (except maybe a 20% reduction in hp) that she could get, +5 enc means that she cannot be used to beat up large armies anymore, only small ones.

Quote:
That's a nice way of saying you panicked and bleated for help from nations with their own problems as your culture was destroyed. You got greedy, and launched an invasion on the rich nation that had earned their place, and you failed. You have been counterinvaded. Deal with it.
Claire's reasons have nothing to do with greed, nor panicking. Claire thought about about clearing a path to the pPantokrator's seat, by choosing the solution that seems to yield the best result while adapting Claire's strategy to the situation.

Claire doesn't understand what defeat or losing means. By doing both of those, you learn, and that by itself is a victory. If you understand that, maybe you will know Claire a little better.

Finally, Claire laughed when Claire made a minor modification to your message, and Malphas proposed to place this modified text in every town in our lands

"That's a nice way of saying Sauromatia's leader panicked and bleated for help from nations with their own problems as Sauromantia's culture was destroyed. You got greedy, and launched an invasion on the rich nation that had earned their place, and Sauromantia failed. Sauromantia have been counterinvaded. Deal with it."

Claire has told the world and Abyssian that Claire will do whatever is in her power to make it true.
* Darwi Odrade