.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 20th, 2009, 11:00 AM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chronicles MA

Ok, it has been 3 days since we proposed declaring an end - Wrana would have staled at this point anyway so I am going to assume he is in favor of ending the game, which means it is unanimous - game over!

I will change the email addresses of nations to QM and send him the last turn files. You should PM him any commentary to make it easier to assess the situation. Good luck!
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road

I won't bother to PM QM, I think Atlantis is dead last for sure

When I took over Atlantis, it was not in a stellar position tbh. The pretender had some serious afflictions, and had paths in Water and Earth. Thus an Atlantis with no nature and no death.

Eventually I did trade for gems with various nations to boost a mage to D1 (so that I could summon the Kokytiads) and finally a couple turns ago got enough Nature gems to boost a mage to N1 (to get Naiads). All in all Atlantis was a very minor player during my rule, even though I was eventually able to wade on dry land too. I bet most of you didn't even remember Atlantis was around

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to step in here. Was interesting to play with charts off (this and the game Heracles are my first attempts to play without charts) and I am now damn sure I will not take part in such in the future :P No charts means to me the fun factor is seriously limited, and it feels weird for me (having played various board S&T games for nearly 30 years) that there is no way to see the general situation in a glance; I like things kept in secret, but with no charts it is as if in the real world there were no TV, no newspapers, no nothing except the mirror image of the village idiot looking back from the mirror.

Thanks for DC for the game-mastering and giving me a fair and objective briefing when I joined the game. I would be honoured to join any games you GM in the future (as long as the charts are not off ) Also, thanks to all you who helped me hoarding the gems to allow me to empower the mages, I am quite certain none of you needed the traded gems as desperately as I did, so it was really nice sportsmanship from you all

Take care!
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

You all remember way back when the hoburgs were selling off gems to pay for that last great stand against man/abysia (hoburgs had unfortunately atrocious research and couldn't actually use them)? R'lyeh bought over a hundred gems from me, at around turn 20. Mostly in the form of nature gems. So if DC cast any big nature globals, that was probably my fault
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM

Colonel

Thanks Jarkko, especially for stepping into a horrible position and doing your best with what you had and not giving up. Especially with all the AIs that made this game somewhat painful to keep going. I'd be happy to play in a game with you anytime .

I didn't actually set this game up but I think I am beginning to move into the "graphs on" camp as well. I love/hate the mystery of graphs off and like how it prevents auto-diplomacy, where the leader continually gets ganged up on - but I guess that happens anyway, even with graphs off, as happened to Calmon. But graphs off favors the more diplomatically active, and the more I play Dominions, the more I prefer less diplomacy (eg less ganging up on people). Rand games (random nations, unknown who plays who, no diplomacy allowed but graphs on) games are actually my favorite these days.

rdonj - R'lyeh likes to keep a low profile. No globals cast by us!
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:14 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

No need, I bet you have a ton of clams.
I prefer no diplo games, and graphs off, they take a lot of pressure off.
QM, you have mail.
Old June 21st, 2009, 07:51 AM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree - even though I hadn't see this thread when it had started. ;(
By the way, I think R'lyeh would won. I would join him against Nehekhara due to his texts being better from start. When it would probably be Abyssia, Caelum and me against him - but I don't think we would have much chance.
And, by the way, I think graphs off to be completely unrealistic - surely in any world there would be merchants, minstrels and journeymen artisans who would provide at least some information on general power of various nations. This is without taking into account mercenaries who could change sides several times a year!
And also - it was a great game until people strated to drop out. Thanks to all!
And I think the way to set such games should be to make first turns relatively fast without requiring a story each turn - there probably wouldn't be much worth writing about at first...
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:15 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

So, on looking at turns, the clear leaders are Ry'leh and Nehekhara. Now, it's my opinion as well that eventually Ry'leh would likely win due to some tactical advantages and allies, but Nehekhara is actually slightly ahead in more concrete areas.

I think the only fair thing here would be to declare them joint winners.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:21 PM

Major General

I suspected it would end a tie.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:36 PM

Colonel

And so it ends. GG all - I will declare it over on llamaserver.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:49 PM

Major General

Shame, I really enjoyed this game and I wish it lasted more but no point in playing with all those AI's.

I was hoping to play out the last R'lyeh - Nehekhara war, had big plans for it and some nice stuff prepared. sigh

It's a shame the game lost it's original meaning, there were some promising stories in the start. Maybe one day some brave fool will start another game like this.

I'd like to thank the people who participated in this game, and especially those who stayed till the end even when it was very much pointless, Jarko .

DC, since you're the admin it's up to you to declare it over and write it in.