.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old November 12th, 2006, 10:52 PM

Private

ScreamerSimon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod Update: Babylon 5 Shadowfall

Whoa, it finally works!!! Fingers, you are truly the man that makes things work! Huge thanks for your help with that problem.
Only one word missing that made so many people desparate.
I hope Psientist wouldn't mind if I upload the revised file " fb_gorith.ini". Copy it into "\...\Weird Worlds\B5_Shadowfall\gamedata\items" and replace the old file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 469903-fb_gorith.zip (344 Bytes, 217 views)
Old November 15th, 2006, 08:23 AM

Corporal

Jamiri is on a distinguished road

Cool, will try that change in ini tonight. Hopefully, now Psientist picks this one up, too, and comes back to finishing this mod!
Old November 15th, 2006, 08:27 AM

Corporal

Added comment: Looking at the quest.ini file I see lots of events that I have never come across in my many games of Shadowfall. Am I the only one thinking that most of the quests are broken?
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:56 PM

Private

Dylan is on a distinguished road

In the large map setting, the Vorlon, Shadows and the planet killer don't show up, even if the quests come up. I think it's been suggested that it may be a limitation on the number of ships.
Old November 17th, 2006, 06:11 AM

Corporal

Aha, so if I played the medium or small maps, all the events would work?

The Narn have become much tougher enemies now, at least if fighting a couple of their carrier ships.
Old November 25th, 2006, 01:21 PM

Private

PaddirN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Mod: Babylon 5 Shadowfall

This is probably one of the best mod for WW or SAIS I've seen, but there were a couple of things that bothered me about it so I went in and started fiddling around some:

* Neroon wasn't showing up as an ally, turns out you need to add a line to the top "FLAG ally", and prolly change the ALLY # in distribution.ini. Also didn't know how else to get friendly with the centauri, so having the Primus now makes them friendly towards you.

* For some reason the drazi merc doesn't work. I even checked that quest file versus the garthan merc in the original and I still don't see why not. I added a pak'ma'ra ranger ally and had no trouble with that one showing up. very strange b/c i remember the drazi working in an older version.

* Didn't like the way mr. morden just drops off a drakh cannon and then everyone else hates you. Instead he now asks the chilling line, "What do you want?" and acts more like a timeless bauble instead, only i upped the penalty. Seems like a better trade off now.

* Brought some unused ships over from the original WW and added ships for drazi and made a new race, the raiders, even included primordius fortress (now a raider mothership) as a mission, but have yet to see it show up so I don't know if it even worked.

* I'm wanting to add in the rivalry between the narn and the centauri by having their ally ships make you enemies of each other race. So if you get the narn ship the centauri will attack and vice versa. Good idea?

Well, I prolly completely overstepped my bounds by making all those changes, please forgive me psientist, if anything, take them as suggestions.
Old November 30th, 2006, 08:22 AM

Corporal

I like the changes you made (as from reading), PaddirN. Why don't you make your version available as a download here?

Psientist seems to have abandoned this project (he even does not comment on it in this forum any longer), so why don't we just optimize the mod a little bit for him. I think the mod could be much more complete, if it was an open project to which everyone could contribute.

BTW: do you know how to get friendly with the Brakiri or other neutral races? Because I don't (except the Drazi).
Old November 30th, 2006, 02:35 PM

Private

Aight, I might throw it up on here, but I'll check with Psientist first. I just feel like I'd be stepping on somebody else's toes if I released an updated version of their mod. Also with the release of v1.2 I'll need to update the files in the gamedata folder.

Other changes made and/ or planned:

* Starfuries! Already got it in, just trying to tweak the gameplay. In my first simulator runs they were getting creamed by raiders and something about that just didn't seem right.

* Might take a stab at adding jumpgates in game, although in a rather cheap way. Psientist tried before but I think he abandoned the idea.

* A couple of ideas I've got floating around that will hopefully take advantage of v1.2 features.
Old December 1st, 2006, 11:31 AM

Corporal

Quote:
PaddirN said:
Aight, I might throw it up on here, but I'll check with Psientist first.
Hopefully, he'll answer at all. Haven't seen him on this forum for a long time.

Quote:
PaddirN said:
Other changes made and/ or planned:

* Starfuries! Already got it in, just trying to tweak the gameplay. In my first simulator runs they were getting creamed by raiders and something about that just didn't seem right.

* Might take a stab at adding jumpgates in game, although in a rather cheap way. Psientist tried before but I think he abandoned the idea.

* A couple of ideas I've got floating around that will hopefully take advantage of v1.2 features.
Cool, Starfuries! I was really missing them. So, will they be a fighter add-on to the player ship (launch bay)?

The jumpgates are already in the game (as an event) although they don't seem to work.

Keep going, PaddirN, so we might see a complete mod eventually! If you need help for playtesting, I'll do it.

Jamiri

N.B.: Just found out about the 1.2 upgrade of WW. Cool thing!
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:11 PM

Private

yea, the starfuries aren't much to jump and shout about, but they're prolly the most recognizable ship from the series, it seems a crime to not include them. For now it seems the best place to put them is in a fighter bay in an upgraded Omega class ship. I'm toying with the idea of including the EA as an encounterable race and including the Earth conflict in this.

From what I could gather, Psientist was trying to use an aethric mirror effect for the jumpgates. I tried messing around with it myself, but nothing worked and I can see why he dropped it. I've got something a little different planned that might even add a new element to the game. Or it might just be plain stupid.