.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 10th, 2010, 01:58 AM

BANNED USER

Frozen Lama is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new concept for MP

I kind of agree that both lanka and mict rocks like crazy. If graeme dice wants to play aby, let him. then big daddy takes ctis and then hoplo gets lanka- which tops nief easy.

also, judging just by join date, team hot has more experienced people, so it sounds balanced.

btw @blackguard you cool with playing helheim? i'll take caelum and truman wants nief
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:52 AM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

so, it seems like we've finally got ourselves a full game
yeah Lama, no problem for me to take Helheim, as I said I'll take whatever is left after all the others have chosen, and these teams look pretty good... so we've got Lanka, C'tis and Abysia vs Niefelheim, Caelum and Helheim.

all we need now is for someone to set fixed starting locations on the map "Small Divide", or if nobody knows how to than perhaps a new map to fit the 3v3 setting. than I can put the game up on Llamaserver.
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

BigDaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

You can change the first post to describe the game, such as settings, and map. You can change the title to ask for someone to mod the map. Say, (players recruited, need map modded) and someone will probably come along. With the setting set up, the teams can mess around with their pretender design, and eventually huddle, mess with their tender a little more and then send it in. By that time we'll probably have someone to mod the map.

With teams, you could probably do some DAR conferences if it was fine with everyone. Otherwise, PMs are fine.

And, I joinded with Dom2. I never played alot of MP, my experience in multiplayer has been almost all 2player (PKing). I also played vanilla for a while before CBM, so I make some mistakes that an old dom3 CBM veteran might not, plus I'm rusty from Dom2 to begin with. No promises, except I like action... Which is why I insist that there aren't really any nations (especially non-bless nations) that do it like Abysia. ("Uh-oh, his rps flatlined, am I ready?")

Last edited by BigDaddy; March 10th, 2010 at 12:26 PM..
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:32 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Again, I think a separate thread would be best simply to make organization and such easier.
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

I don't think it matters either way, because he can completely redo the first post and change the title. But, maybe I'm just not as familiar with the dom3 forums culture.
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

I hope Hippo is fine with Abby and Ctis, he seemed to really want Mictlan. Not that I blame him, but Ctis definitely brings some stuff to the table.
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:17 PM

BANNED USER

btw, i would like to use llamabeast's new mod. it needs some playtesting, and could make it more fun
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:42 PM

BANNED USER

about small divide- i would suggest that everyone run a couple test games on it before we start. elmokki's maps are know for missing connections and other weird stuff. elmokki is quick to fix them though, so just a little testing
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

I'll run plenty of tests as soon as the game specs come in. :whistling: :twiddles thumbs:
Old March 11th, 2010, 03:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hoplosternum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Lama View Post
I kind of agree that both lanka and mict rocks like crazy. If graeme dice wants to play aby, let him. then big daddy takes ctis and then hoplo gets lanka- which tops nief easy.

also, judging just by join date, team hot has more experienced people, so it sounds balanced.

btw @blackguard you cool with playing helheim? i'll take caelum and truman wants nief
Nooooooo As I said I didn't want to play Lanka (or Mictlan) if the other was not in the game.

It may be that Lanka is better than Niefel and that the teams are roughly balanced. But Blood Nations and double bless rushing are all skills that need to be learned. And I don't have those skills.

I have not played Niefel in mp and not seen much of them in mp. As for Lanka I have played them once and it was a disaster! I never had a chance to start a blood economy and my sacreds died in unimpressive droves. Never played EA Mictlan, but I did give LA Mictlan a go with again very poor results. So while I like Blood nations in theory it does not mean that I am any good with them And I rarely try double bless strategies or try to rush opponents within the first year. So I have no experience their either.

In a team with only Mictlan or Lanka that nation must be played well, especially at the beginning, and I am simply not experienced enough with the sort of strategies needed to take on that responsibility. If I did the Hot team would be at a serious disadvantage.

Therefore I am going to stand aside from this game. I am still available to do the map placings if you need me too.